D&D 5E One Shot #2 - Irongrad (Closed/OOC)

EarlyBird

Explorer
So this quick One Shot is from way back. I am adapting an adventure printed back in 1989. It is very short and used by me a couple times to get 1st lvl characters gathered into a party.

It will be for up to 5 characters of first lvl with one requirment.
- The character's class must have the cantrip feature or...
- If a non-spellcaster they must have the Magic Initiate feat.
- Have a racial spell/cantrip i.e. dancing lights, minor illusion, thaumtagy, etc.

2 slots being held for now, so up to 3 more players may join

Here is a couple blurbs from the scenario:

"Let's just say it was a bad day to go to the marketplace."

"There's no tomb like home."

Sorry not much to go on I know, just what they printed. Ok discussion is open to see what everyone wants to play.

Rules: (cuze we all need them, all subject to modification)
1. Newbies to the sight or those players that haven't played in one of the past two games will get priority placement. Want everyone to have fun.
2. PvP is strictly frowned on. So that would be a no to that.
3. No trading of equipment will be allowed - but borrowing something for the adventure is acceptable.
4. Working on downtime/crafting/magic item pool rules if anyone wishes to help with those see the disscusion thread
5. Have fun! That is a rule so please follow it.

One Shot-IC
One Shot-Discussion
One Shots RG

The Party:
Greenmtn: Bilkar gnome druid
JustinCase: Ssz'irac elf(drow) rogue
Charwoman Gene: Rilla dragonborn sorceress
KahlessNestor: Zuleyka elf(drow) wizard
tglassy: Alberich dwarf bard

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
[sblock=Experience]
- Merrim 100xp each
- 3 stirges 15xp each
- 5 axe beaks 50xp each
- RP 75xp each
- 2 flying daggers 15xp each
- tricks & traps 75xp each
= 330xp to each PC

Note: Charwoman Gene Rilla earned 100xp[/sblock]
[sblock=Rewards]
Gold: 200gp each character from loose change/gems, and selling ornate staff and other nonmagical items
Downtime: 5 days
Magic:
- scroll longstrider
- scroll cure wounds
- scroll magic stone
- scroll thunderclap
- potions of cure wounds x4 (total) - one was used so 3 left
- potion of climbing - potion with red stripe
- ruby of the war mage
- boots of enduring: these magical boots resist wear and tear
- dread helm[/sblock]
[sblock=Trinkets]

Ssz'irac = 11 & 52
- 1 oz. block of unknown material- ornate oil lamp

Alberich = 35
- white sequined glove sized for a human[/sblock]

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I'm interested. Can you give specifics on the need for the cantrip or Magic Initiate feat; does racial spellcasting count? (E.g. my drow rogue has the dancing lights cantrip because of his race, but that's it.)

I've made 3 out of my 4 characters, so I'm not sure what to play yet. Is it possible (or plausible) to play the same character as the one currently in another one-shot adventure?

Greenmtn

Explorer
I'm in.

I'll decide on a character by the time it fills up. When were you hoping to start this one?

My Druid is currently ready but can probably have my warlock ready before this starts so I don't step on Steve Goraks toes if he goes Druid.

EarlyBird

Explorer
I'm in.

I'll decide on a character by the time it fills up. When were you hoping to start this one?

My Druid is currently ready but can probably have my warlock ready before this starts so I don't step on Steve Goraks toes if he goes Druid.

Going to give this a week to see if anyone not currently in the other One Shot game wants in. So this will probably start MON.

Still need to go over characters once we have solid decisions.

EarlyBird

Explorer
I'm interested. Can you give specifics on the need for the cantrip or Magic Initiate feat; does racial spellcasting count? (E.g. my drow rogue has the dancing lights cantrip because of his race, but that's it.)

I've made 3 out of my 4 characters, so I'm not sure what to play yet. Is it possible (or plausible) to play the same character as the one currently in another one-shot adventure?

Hmmm...looking over the scenario and the adjustments, I made any innate spellcasting would also be affected, so sure I'll adjust post #1

tglassy

Adventurer
I think I have time for this, especially if it's short. Spellcasting, huh? I haven't made my A and B Characters. Plenty of options there. If there's room, put me down.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

tglassy

Adventurer
Ok, I chose to bring back a Monk character from a game that never got off the ground. Nicolo, though I'm changing him up a bit. But here's the thing:

The starting gold for monks is a freaking joke. 20gp? Really? That's less than if you take the Monk's free equipment, and don't even take the starting equipment from your background. A monk gets a shortsword, 10gp, a Explorer's Pack, 10gp, and 10 darts, 5sp. Plus background stuff, in my case, that's a Charlatan, so he'd also get a Disguise Kit, 25gp, a Signet Ring, 5gp, Fine Clothes, 15gp, and 15 gp in a pouch, 5sp. All total that's 81gp worth of equipment, which winds up beating the Barbarian and Druid's starting gold by 1gp, but only because of the pouch and darts.

Come to think of it, the Barbarian's starting equipment is a Greataxe, 50gp, 2 handaxes, 10gp, an explorers pack, 10gp, and four Javlins, 10gp. That's 80 gp, without a background. Which is the suggested starting gold for them.

Do we get background equipment AND the starting gold? Or just the starting gold? Because if it's just starting gold, they really get the shaft. There are some expensive things in those background equipment let's.

Am I able to just take the usual starting equipment instead of the starting gold?

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases