D&D 5E Leif's First 5E Homebrew In-Character Thread 1A

Leif

Adventurer
Town Hall -- Mayor of Stone Mill

The Mayor continues, "Well, ahh, let's see then, ahh, there was the matter of dealing with the bandits, which, ahh, is pretty self-explanatory I, ahh, suppose. The town of, ahh, Stone Mill can't afford a great deal of a reward such as, ahh, befits, ahh, great adventurers as, ahh, your esteemed selves, but, ahh, the townsfolk are, ahh, in general agreement that you may, ahh, keep anything that you, ahh, recover from the, ahh, bandits, and, ahh, none of them, will, ahh, make any claim for any, ahh, losses that they, ahh, suffered from the, ahh, bandits. And, ahh, the ahh, town will supplement that with, ahh, the sum of 500 gp, ahh, for each, ahh, single one of you. Quite, ahh, a handsome offer, ahh, wouldn't you, ahh, say?"

[sblock=colors]I'm going to experiment with some different colors. Let me know in the OOC what you think.
blue -- awful
violet
purple
green
lime green
yellow -- best
red -- okay
pink

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Azurewraith

Explorer
]

Harald begins to hum and drum his fingers"The town was poor and besieged by bandits, but unlikely heroes..." he tails of defiantly needs some work

"That reward is very generous. But it is anything but straightforward. What do you know about these bandits? Number, location, capabilities? How often do they strike?" Lee asks.

"That's quite the reward" Fiftheach though to himself.
"Aye, I've worked with worse. He said, stroking his long red silvered beard as he turned towards the mayor.
"How about ya get us the information tha Lad asked for so we can go and complete your errand"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
s6jebb.jpg

Stone Mill
Afternoon
Round 0

“I’m sure we can work together fine,” Risia answered the mayor. “If we behave.” She shot a look at Harald.

Risia was impressed by the generosity of the reward. “Five hundred will be very adequate. And the more information you can give us, the better. What about your wife, sir?” she asked. “I was given to understand she was taken, as well.” Risia had thought the mayor would be more distressed about that fact.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 10/10
AC: 13

Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Prestidigitation
L1 (1/1): Faerie Fire, Sleep
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Town Hall -- Mayor of Stone Mill

The mayor answers, "The number of the ahhh bandits is unknown. So far, everything they have ahh done has been in small ahh groups or by a single ahh villain, but we believe that there are ahh many of them. The fate of ahh my wife is also unknown, but it would hurt their chances of receiving their ahh ransom demand if they harmed her. She will not be so ahh protected perpetually, however. Of course I am willing to ahh give up my ahh ring as part of her ransom, and the ahh high priest has said that he will give up his ahh jewel, but there is no ahh third gem that we are aware of, so our two are ahh insufficient. And, I ahh assure you that I am very much distraught by these events. Please don't take my continued ahh attention to my ahh duties as Mayor as a sign of ahh anything other than my ahh poor mechanism for ahh coping with her loss."

Azurewraith

Explorer
Harald hums a little bit more"The heroes knew not the odds,yet valiantly they charged,for glory and gold. Into uncertainty they ride.". Man this is hard Harald thinks to him self.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
s6jebb.jpg

Stone Mill
Afternoon
Round 0

Risia glanced at Harald. “Keep practicing,” she told him, giving him a wink. Then she turned back to the mayor.

“Can you tell us about these rings?” she asked him. “That is an awfully specific reward, rather than just make up for the missing ring with gold. Are they magical? How are they related?”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 10/10
AC: 13

Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Prestidigitation
L1 (1/1): Faerie Fire, Sleep
[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
Harald blushes slightly as the women winks at him, quickly pulls out his monogrammed handkerchief faking a sneeze so he can hide hours face. Then quickly cleans the handkerchief with magic before folding it back into s tiny pocket sized square.

Remove ads