Tur An Tiel--Bones of the Dragon.

Rhialto

First Post
THE GAME OF DEATH

In the city of Graes, it is rumored the Skeletal Hand regularly holds the Game of Death, wherein some of the finest assassins in the world must kill random targets...

Rhialto

First Post
Mystics

In Tur An Tiel, there are Wizards who call upon the might arcane through learning and skill. There are sorcerers, who call upon it through blood and force. And then there are mystics, mysterious wielders of the elements, the mystics.

Mysticism claims to trace its roots back to the Zhalesu, who bowed to no gods, and wielded power of the elements themselves. But like so much about the mysterious Sorcerer Kings, these claims remain a combination of myth and speculation.

The first known mystic was the Fisirian Hali, who claimed that all power was deprived from Water, the Ultimate Element. While priests and mages alike were skeptical of Hali's claims, all were forced to admit that the man could call upon amazing powers. Hali's willingness to provide free healing, and his deeply humane behavior won him numerous followers. By the time of Hali's death, his school had over 500 students. However, division was already plaguing the movement.

A young mystic named Clius revealed amazing new powers, and taught that Fire was the true Ultimate Element. Many young, passionate mystics took up his teachings. Soon, each of the rival schools were declaiming the other as fools and heretics, in debates that soon exploded into outright fights.

Clius's new teachings were only the beginning. A third young Mystic named Mandes declaired both the Water and Fire schools were decieved and that Air was the Ultimate Element. His effort to bring peace only added another faction, as did the teachings of one Empede, who claimed that all power rested on the 'harmony of the Earth'. Indeed, her faction became exceptionally quarrelsome, when factions claiming that Earth was nothing more than unperfected Metal, or dead Wood sprang up.

Ironically, all this struggling did nothing to stop the spread of Mysticism which instead saw an even greater boom in membership. The Iskerne and Slave Islands saw hundreds of young mystics, all struggling to prove that they were in the service of the Ultimate Element, the Prime Substance.

Last edited:

Rhialto

First Post
THE PLUTARCH

In the City-State of Hirae, the lord of the city is the wealthiest man. For truly, who better to rule a city of merchants then the most competent among them?

The system is not without its detractors...

Rhialto

First Post
Tur An Tiel's Calender

One Year, of Days Four Hundred, do the Dragon's Bones know--
Ten Months of Days Forty Each, into the Year doth go--
Four Weeks, of Days Ten Each, they are a Month, tis clear--
And of the Days, Four Hundred gathered, they make up a Year...

--Old Elven doggerel.

In Firstflower, was I born, as the snow did go,
In Greenleaf did I prosper, as the plants did grow,
In Brightsky did I make merry, as the day grew long,
In Highheat did I sweat, as the sun was strong,
In Goodharvest did I bring in the crop, as the plants grew tall,
In Coolmist did I chop the wood, while the fog covered my hall,
In Redleaf did I light the fire, as things began to wither,
In Firstfrost did I huddle around it, as the snows came hither,
In Snowfall did eat the food, as the land was harsh and cold,
In Stormsbellow did I die, as the winds cruelly blowed.

What am I?

A: A year

--Old Syran Riddle

Remove ads