Just becaue it's October - Witches?

Celebrim

Legend
Well, I'm neither Catholic, nor Mormon, nor a Baptist.

But neither was Gygax - he was raised Jehovah's Witness. By his own account, his own religious journey was complicated with periods of both piety and irreverence. I know that since the early '90's though he identified as a born again Christian, though I'm not certain exactly what denomination he worshiped within. I'm am fairly certain it wasn't Baptist though.

Greenfield

Adventurer
Which kind of explains the purely pragmatic decision to avoid including any living religion in the game. He pretty much knew the kind of backlash it would cause.

Last edited:

Well, I'm neither Catholic, nor Mormon, nor a Baptist.

But neither was Gygax - he was raised Jehovah's Witness. By his own account, his own religious journey was complicated with periods of both piety and irreverence. I know that since the early '90's though he identified as a born again Christian, though I'm not certain exactly what denomination he worshiped within. I'm am fairly certain it wasn't Baptist though.
Fair enough; however, as I can't prove it either way, and I remember the person asserting he was Baptist also speaking with a fair amount of certainty; and as Wikipedia does not, on a quick page find, appear to say anything on the subject of his beliefs; I now have as much evidence for both accounts. :)

That being said, I should not have spoken so certainly myself.

Remove ads