Odd things about superheroes...

Richards

Legend
I remember reading a comic once that had a panel of Bruce Banner in a clothing store, looking surprised and impressed at a clearance rack of purple stretch pants at ridiculously low prices.

And in the Marvel universe, there was a villain named Taskmaster who trained minions to go work for other supervillains. I think his first appearance was in an issue of the Avengers.

Johnathan

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
...Quite possibly, his moral compass.

Ten issues till the company head is using the web-fluid for a war machine of some sort; fifteen to twenty before their government (or some "rogue agency") tries to use it to round up and massacre/mind control mutants...Again.

/Magneto was right. /s /maybe
True, context DOES matter, and the Marvel mutant racism crisis has to be factored in.

OTOH, think about force multiplication.

Imagine what his web fluid could do as a less-than-lethal option for police alongside rubber bullets, tear gas, teasers, vertigo-inducing strobe lasers, water cannons sonic panels, and the rest of the current generation of adhesive ordinance. As I recall, he's stopped speeding vehicles with that stuff- safer than spike strips, right?

In his hands, his invention does a lot of good. In the hands of thousands of law enforcement agents, federal, state and civil, there would be more chance of abuse, but SO much more potential for good.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Something like this.

[video=youtube;CjweLkPw5Y4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjweLkPw5Y4[/video]

Clearly, the son of Krypton should probably avoid drinking beer or eating beans. Or cabbage. Anything that could make him...gassy.*

* side note: I once played a heavyworlder alien super whose metabolism was shrewlike, but whose immune system & digestive tract was incompatible with certain terrestrial proteins. So while she had to eat a lot of food, she also ran the risk of illness therefrom.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Why does New York get all the cool heroes while the Midwest gets all the weirdos like Flatman, Big Bertha, and Mr. I?

billd91

Why does virtually everybody have rock hard and well-defined abs, even aging, geeky scientists like Mr. Fantastic?

billd91

What kind of kinky things do heroes do with their powers (assuming they sometimes feel the urge to do kinky things with them)?

billd91

Back when Beast was with the Avengers (and blue and furry), he seemed fairly popular with the ladies. What was that all about?

billd91

How do heroes manage to avoid traumatic brain injuries and, ultimately, CTE with all the fights they get into and all the times they get knocked unconscious?
For that matter, how do the Hardy Boys avoid the same?

Remove ads