Here's to the rain after a long dry spell

Finally getting my game on again this coming weekend after going 9 months or so without! I can't wait!

I'm going to be running a 1st level FR game for my GF, our friend and his GF, and a fourth player to be named later (hopefully not a newbie). MY GF has played some 3rd edition, but will probably be lost again. Our friend has played D&D before, but not since 3rd came out. His GF is brand-new to this thing of ours. I'm probably going to do what I've done before and let our friend's GF get to do the really fun stuff, since she's newest to the game and seems the least into it. She'll be playing a tiefling rogue. Any neat ideas? I haven't quite got all the adventure details hammered out yet either, anyone got a good hook I can build on?

Wow, it feels good to be gaming again.

Bloodstone Mage

First Post
I hear you, brother. Well, my break wasn't as long (I don't know if I could survive nine months!), but I can sympathize somewhat with you. I'm continuing my campaign this week or the next after a month and a half long hiatus, and I've been itching to play some good ol' fashioned D&D.

Cheers!

BiggusGeekus@Work

Community Supporter
When in doubt, go back to the basics. Nothing says 1st level like a simple cave of kobolds that have been harassing "the village".

And toss in a couple of traps that are obvious to the players so the rogue can get the hang of disarming stuff. If you depend on Spot checks the character might blow the roll and will be setting off traps the old-fashioned way.

Melkor

Explorer
My group is in the same boat brother!

We are getting together for an entire weekend of gaming in August after not having played in almost a year. I can't wait.

Hope you have a great time. Post the details after the game.

BiggusGeekus@Work said:
When in doubt, go back to the basics. Nothing says 1st level like a simple cave of kobolds that have been harassing "the village".

Heh. Nothing like kobold murder by the truckload to break in the noobs.

Remove ads