Gamehole Con (Madison WI) this week - Nov 2-5)

A quick shout out for Gamehole Con in Madison WI, beginning Thursday 11/2. There are over 60 AL tables in place and I know many posters here are attending. If you have a chance, come by and join us!

darjr

I crit!
This convention was amazing!

I ran 24+ hours and admin'd several more. All the crew were great and gracious. I even got to choke up talking to Ruty Rutenburg and forgot the name of his show!!! But he was gracious about it. Caught up with Chris Perkins and got to personally thank him. And he thanked us for reasons I can't go into.

Very cool. Now to plan for Gary Con! Thomas organizes for them as well.

Cascade

First Post
I also had a pretty decent time.
The games were good.
The sound and spacing was much better than last year.
Cant beat free parking and not far from food.

Mustering system sux

I also had a pretty decent time.
The games were good.
The sound and spacing was much better than last year.
Cant beat free parking and not far from food.

Mustering system sux

Good feedback. The space was easily twice as large as last year, which drastically reduced the ambient noise, IMHO (though the PA for the interactives could be annoying).

The mustering system was poor. Players signed up for tables and there appeared to be a significant level of underbooking (ie too many tables being offered for the number of players actually attending). This led to some tables not having a legal number of players (1 DM & 3 players) and much rushing about to find everyone a place to sit based on who could run, what mods they could run, what mods the players could/want to play, etc.

Because Gamehole has back-to-back 2hr game slots this led to people starting games late in an already short span which makes a satisfactory game (ie establish a story, have some challenges and complete a finale) very hard to achieve. I really hope they rethink how this is done next year.

That said I found all the offered games to be outstanding - good stories and challenges. Their authoring team really nailed the CCC adventures this year.

Last edited:

Remove ads