Gamehole Con (Madison WI) this week - Nov 2-5)

That's actually a legal table. :)

I was only on the player side of things, and it was the first time I went to GHC, but it looked pretty good on my end.

Yes, I was defining what a legal table is. There were several instances of 1 and 2 player tables that needed consolidation. It's just something that needs to be improved next year.

darjr

I crit!
Yea I get that. In fact my next con I’m scheduling 2:30 hour slots and the first 15 are mustering and the back 14’t are for admin.

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
Yea I get that. In fact my next con I’m scheduling 2:30 hour slots and the first 15 are mustering and the back 14’t are for admin.

Would love to see this at more cons -- not only does the extra half hour provide time for mustering issues, but for tables who don't have mustering issues, the DM has time to review characters for AL legality, which is something that really should be done at conventions* but seldom is.

* - There's less of a need to review characters and logs in a regular recurring venue game, since the players are likely to be regulars and the DM is already familiar with the players and their characters. At a convention, though, not only are you as a DM likely to be unfamiliar with the players and their characters, but the players may also come from an area where the adherence to AL rules is...let's charitably say 'less than optimal'. Conventions are thus a great chance to spread campaign rules knowledge via character and log audits, but DMs often don't have time to really do them, given the rushed nature of most con play.

This is more easily done at a convention focused on AL play rather than one where AL is one of a number of activities -- in the latter case (such as our own Con of the North), the con organizers often dictate slot length and timing and non-standard slots are frowned upon.

--
Pauper

Remove ads