Justice League (spoilers)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Oh, yes. That was good!

It's quite a bit shorter than I expected, and quite lean.

Loved the Danny Elfman Batman theme and the John Williams Superman theme.

People who have disliked Superman's colour scheme in the past will be happy.

Stay for the credits. *Two* after-credit scenes.

Final battle was a bit "more of the same" that most superhero flicks are these days, if this film has a weakness, it's that the villain and the final battle are a bit bland (in the same way the Wonder Woman final battle was, and the Doomsday one way). It was a better final battle sequence than either of those two though.

The save-the-world plot was almost a B-story; it's about the formation of the Justice League and the return of Superman.

ccs

41st lv DM
Of the current crop of DC movies it's definitely an improvement & the 2nd best.

When they res Superman, yeah, I can see why the group would be the 1st people to greet him - in case something goes wrong.
But I still think I'd have definitely led with Lois & planned to have the Flash evac her instead of how they did it.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I liked it
I still think BS is crap and went in with very low expectation of this and was pleasantly suprised that there was a coherent story and entertaining characters. Really my only criticism is that it was maybe too short and felt like some story was skimmed over - which is hillarious as I complained that BS was far far too long and had no story at all.

Anyway, its a worthy superhero flick, some nice action pieces and entertaining character interactions but dodgy CGi, predictable plot and all the best moments were in the trailers (except the one huge moment when Flash realizes he isnt the only dude with speed - that was cool).

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Batman was a bit of the Hawkeye of the movie - clearly outclassed.

These scene where Wonder Woman says to him “you can’t keep doing this for ever” and Bruce replied “I can barely do it now” was good.

Supes fighting the League was awesome. He’s clearly a league above them when there’s no Kryptonite in the mix. The look when Flash realised Supes was watching him at super speed was priceless.

Loved the bit where Flash saved the car, while Supes saved the building.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Batman was a bit of the Hawkeye of the movie - clearly outclassed..

I liked the scene when he dropped off the others to fight Steppenwolf while he took his plane to take out the sheild, it had Batman being tactical, playing to his strengths while leaving the supers to the power work.

I do wonder about WW power levels v Superman though

and agree about the building save - it was cornyas heck, but good for the giggle

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think they clearly pegged Supes as more powerful than WW when he had one end of her lasso in one hand.

Aquaman was very charismatic, but he was mainly just “tough man” — his aqua-ness wasn’t really relevant.

cmad1977

Hero
So I thought the story was weak and the directorial change was evident in some of that weakness.
I really liked the characters.
Batfleck: Great
Wonder Woman: awesome(duh!)
Flash: Hilarious.
Aquaman: Jason Momoa has charisma for days.
Superman: he’s a good guy! And funny! Where’s this guy been for 3 movies??
Cyborg: I was completely disinterested in cyborg originally but the actor sold him to me. I’m disappointed that this was kind of his origin story. I would have gone to see that movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove ads