[OT] How tall is Wolverine?

Mercule

Adventurer
mouseferatu said:
Obviously, the movie version of the character is a lot taller, but that's because there are very few 5'3" action stars. ;)

Well, if I've heard correctly, that's about how tall Sylvester Stallone is (could be very wrong, though). Of course, having Wolverine sneer "Yo, Jean, whassup?" would be even worse than an Aussie accent.

Not that there's anything wrong with Aussies. Just that Wolvie ain't one.

S'mon

Legend
Mercule said:

Well, if I've heard correctly, that's about how tall Sylvester Stallone is (could be very wrong, though). Of course, having Wolverine sneer "Yo, Jean, whassup?" would be even worse than an Aussie accent.

Not that there's anything wrong with Aussies. Just that Wolvie ain't one.

I think Stallone's more like 5'6", 5'9" in his 3" heels. Tom Cruise is very short, but barely an action star. Apart from Michael J Fox I can't think of any male actors 5'3" or less.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Viking Bastard said:
Danny Devito? Woody Allen?

Wouldn't that been a blast!

John (forgiven me) Liggazauma - Let me look that spelling up. :)

Most actors in movie land are short, like the air force, it is better to fit in a frame. :)

Henry

Autoexreginated
Brian Singer and Hugh Jackman did their jobs - I now cannot picture any other actor than Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine. :)

Jeremy

Explorer
It's one of the things I enjoy so much about him, he is this little feral SOB who takes nothin from no one. The fact that he gets up and keeps coming is one of the intimidating things about him. Short round, short stuff, runt, they've all been thrown at him but most people who don't learn to watch their tongues end up eating adamantium sandwiches.

But yeah, he's a short, well trained, regenerating, near unbreakable melee combatant. With no ranged attacks or mystical powers, he's pretty far down the food chain in the grand scheme of things. He has to get himself into range and take out opponents one by one personally. He always has to be in the hot spots to do any damage.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Jeremy said:
It's one of the things I enjoy so much about him, he is this little feral SOB who takes nothin from no one. The fact that he gets up and keeps coming is one of the intimidating things about him. Short round, short stuff, runt, they've all been thrown at him but most people who don't learn to watch their tongues end up eating adamantium sandwiches.

But yeah, he's a short, well trained, regenerating, near unbreakable melee combatant. With no ranged attacks or mystical powers, he's pretty far down the food chain in the grand scheme of things. He has to get himself into range and take out opponents one by one personally. He always has to be in the hot spots to do any damage.

Well that is the way they write him but if you look at his resume, he should use weapons more! Always wanted to see that. :)

Staffan

Legend
Hand of Evil said:
Well that is the way they write him but if you look at his resume, he should use weapons more! Always wanted to see that. :)
Well, the thing is that his claws are pretty much superior to most melee weapons, and he doesn't seem to like shooting all that much. Why shoot people when you can get Colossus to throw yourself at them?

Remove ads