[OT] How tall is Wolverine?

Vocenoctum

First Post
Staffan said:

Well, the thing is that his claws are pretty much superior to most melee weapons, and he doesn't seem to like shooting all that much. Why shoot people when you can get Colossus to throw yourself at them?

That's what I missed from the movies :)

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Staffan said:

Well, the thing is that his claws are pretty much superior to most melee weapons, and he doesn't seem to like shooting all that much. Why shoot people when you can get Colossus to throw yourself at them?

:)

Just would like to see him come out in power armor, weapon blazing, kicking butt (at least once). The Apha Fight suit was to be his. :)

Hi all! :)

I want to see Juggernaut rip Hugh Jackmans head off in X-Men 3, that should bring him down to the right size. ;)

Incidently Gary Sinise was the first actor considered for the part of Wolverine, although I suppose he would still be too big at around 5'9"/5'10".

Dirigible

Explorer
I'm afraid you're all wrong.

I ahve it on good authority that Wolverine is in fact 18 feet tall, eats nothing but gravy sandwiches, and has the power of eleven million bulldozers in each of his six legs. Of course they ahd to tone his radicalness down for the movies.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Larry Fitz said:
"Puck" and Wolverine are old friends, and "Puck's" height is part of a curse, he's not actually a short person.

I remember the issue that was revealed in. Worse. Story. Arc. Ever.

I think even Cyclops has commented on Wolverine's shortness (in the comic books).

Even though he was way too tall Hugh Jackman still did an awesome Wolverine in the movies.

Villano

First Post
S'mon said:

I think Stallone's more like 5'6", 5'9" in his 3" heels. Tom Cruise is very short, but barely an action star. Apart from Michael J Fox I can't think of any male actors 5'3" or less.

Spike Lee. Okay, he's primarily a director. Hmmm...How about Verne "Mini-Me" Troyer?

Actually, I think he's 2 or 3 inches taller than Spike. :)

And what about Seth Greene? Imagine him as Wolverine. I could actually picture that. :)

Last edited:

Scarbonac

Not An Evil Twin
Holy Bovine said:

I remember the issue that was revealed in. Worse. Story. Arc. Ever.

Word; that made me so angry that I wanted to tear up every issue of Alpha Flight in the country, then Rochambeau the writer untli he coughed up his liver. About how I felt when it was ''revealed'' that Aurora and Northstar were actually half-elves.

:rolleyes:

Jesus.

Villano

First Post
Scarbonac said:
About how I felt when it was ''revealed'' that Aurora and Northstar were actually half-elves.

To quote Homer Simpson, "What now on the what what?"

Are you being sarcastic or did they actually do that? I don't live anywhere near a comic shop and haven't been in one in a few years (I only get 4 comics a month, mailed to me by a friend in NYC who gets them for me when he buys his), so I'm not up to date on some of the changes.

I've also heard that Northstar isn't gay anymore. It that true? I'm not gay, but I don't think it works that way. :rolleyes:

Scarbonac

Not An Evil Twin
Villano said:

To quote Homer Simpson, "What now on the what what?"

Are you being sarcastic or did they actually do that? I don't live anywhere near a comic shop and haven't been in one in a few years (I only get 4 comics a month, mailed to me by a friend in NYC who gets them for me when he buys his), so I'm not up to date on some of the changes.

I've also heard that Northstar isn't gay anymore. It that true? I'm not gay, but I don't think it works that way. :rolleyes:

Oh, they did it, all right; a quote from a fan-page:

Comments: Another character who had his story hopelessly screwed up by writers who followed John Byrne. Someone decided that he and his sister were actually half Asgardian elves (on the basis that they seemed to have slightly pointed ears!), then another writer thankfully undid that exceptionally stupid idea. Like Guardian, it's best to ignore what later writers did with him.

>>>Here<<<.

I hadn't heard that he was ''not-gay'' now; maybe he's just bi. *shrug*

Remove ads