X Marks The Spot: A Free Magic: the Gathering D&D Adventure

Chupacabra stats, nice...

It's good to be the king...

I think that's a very poor choice, considering that setting expansion is one big thing missing from most planes in the MtG Multiverse. The Star Wars RPG had an important role in expanding the universe of the original movies, I don't think WotC would lose anything from letting people expand the planes of the multiverse through a tool that's already doing it for Ravenloft and the Realms. I hope they reconsider it in the future.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I think that's a very poor choice, considering that setting expansion is one big thing missing from most planes in the MtG Multiverse. The Star Wars RPG had an important role in expanding the universe of the original movies, I don't think WotC would lose anything from letting people expand the planes of the multiverse through a tool that's already doing it for Ravenloft and the Realms. I hope they reconsider it in the future.

I’m sure they will at some point, unfortunately for us their take it slowly approach to 5e is paying dividends so it’ll be later rather than sooner. Though perhaps next year things will loosen up?

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
It is odd that the Plane Shift PDF for Ixalan hasn't been released yet, but you should find the Vampire specs in the Zendikar document helpful:

Don't they release Plane Shift when the art book comes out? Its done by James Wyatt on his own time I think.

Of course there's this:

Note: No artwork, setting, or other material from the Plane Shift or other Magic: the Gathering products is allowed in the DMsGuild community content program. See the DMsGuild FAQ for more information.

It's good to be the king...
Interesting, but not surprising. Though, the CCA says that anything (except artwork) released on the DMsG can be used by any other DMsG author.

So, if someone wanted, they could extend this adventure, or use the pre-gens or creatures etc from this adventure in their own.

I wonder where the line is.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
Interesting, but not surprising. Though, the CCA says that anything (except artwork) released on the DMsG can be used by any other DMsG author.

So, if someone wanted, they could extend this adventure, or use the pre-gens or creatures etc from this adventure in their own.

I wonder where the line is.

Don’t worry, WotC Legal will let you know when you cross it! ;)

neobolts

Explorer
This is the 5th MTG supplement provided for D&D 5e, and they've all been free so far. WOTC veteran James Wyatt (who made the jump from D&D to MTG lore years ago) has been the driving force behind these supplements. I assume they are free b/c they are cross-promotion for the two brands. As others mentioned, X Marks the Spot was a print exclusive for the PAX Unplugged convention. I'm hoping they polish up and collect all of this material into a single MTG setting print book at some point.

I found this module to be a little disorganized at first, until I finally worked out the sequence of areas. (spoiler?)

• Great Escape/Conqueror's Foothold
  • Fields of Ruin
    • Shoreline Fields of Ruin (heading towards the forts)
      • Fort Leor and Fort Durron (leads to Unclaimed Territory)
    • Interior Fields of Ruin (heading up river towards the wellspring)
      • Primal Wellspring (leads to Unclaimed Territory)
  • Unclaimed Territory
  • Temple of Aclazotz

Remove ads

Remove ads