D&D 5E EB's Into the Eye of the Storm - PotA Campaign - IC

EarlyBird

Explorer
Terry is certain that the road they were on before will lead the party to the old quarry. It was probably the same road the workers used getting from town to the quarry years and years ago.

It is less than half an hour before they find the dugout remain of an old slate mine. A huge square hole was dug into the earth and at the base they see a large natural cavern entrance to the mines.

OOC: Marching order? Or is this a whoever runs in first type thing? haha

Terry steps ahead as they reach the ramp to the quarry. "I want to see what kind of foot traffic goes through here." She studies the ground for footprints leading in or out of the ramp down to the cave.

OOC: Survival [roll0] Nat20! If she determines which tracks are Pells, she will follow them.

When they descend the ramp, Terry will cast Light on her staff in preparation for entering the cave.
As for marching order, she will tend toward the middle of the pack, most likely, unless she is actively tracking.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Terry picks out the small light footsteps of a human child easily, as they seem to be the only recent footfalls in the area. All the other tracks are very old and might be some quadped. (maybe wolf or bear)

"There, see her footsteps?" Terry says. "They seem to go into the cave. I don't see any other recent prints. Perhaps she is hurt inside the cave." Terry leads the way into the quarry to the edge of the cave.
OOC: is the cave opening natural or part of the quarry? Why would quarry diggers create a tunnel if it isn't natural?

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: It is a mined tunnel, probably to search for precious metals. I mean if your digging anyway might as well give it a shot.

Barakas circles above the others in a slow circuit as they descend into the quarry. The sun is about four hours from fully setting and the light from it shines directly into the dugout tunnel. From the opening the group only sees a large open area and that the tunnel angles downward at a slight slope.

OOC: If marching order is the same as the tomb Cyan (check for traps), Niklos, Terry, Talin, Barakas (landing and entering after everyone disappears inside), then I'll advance the thread.

hero4hire

Explorer
So unnerved by the apparition, Cyan was uncharacteristically quiet until the Tomb was far behind them. She then gave Barakas a good-natured elbow in the ribs. "StormSword??? They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...But really?"

Later after reaching the cave entrance she took the lead...pretending she knew what she was doing while looking for traps.

OOC: Cyan only has a +2 perception and a +0 investigate. She will most likely find traps by triggering them.

Last edited:

Remove ads