Do we need more staff reviewers?

der_kluge

Adventurer
I'm looking at the reviews page, and I see that 16 reviews were created in the past month. Nice, but when you consider 16 books probably came out last month, it's not so great. I'd like to see lots more reviews, and I think others agree.

Which leads me to the question - do we need more staff reviewers? Or just find some clever way to get people off their butt and post more reviews?

I would, but I'm afraid of the conflict of interest it might present since I write for MEG. Unless you think that's a non-issue, then I'd be happy to write reviews; I'm a gamer too, after all.

Crothian

First Post
Well, anyone can write reviews and post them. If you do a MEG product, it'd be nice to mention you work for them as well.

It does take a little bit of time to sit down and read a book and review it. The Staff reviewers do a good job, but they can't possible cover every book. So, that's were the rest of you all come in. :)

Psion

Adventurer
There were 16 *PDF* reviews written in the last month. If you click on print, you will see that there were (count them) 97 reviews of print products in the last month.

In addition to the four staff reviewers, d20 magazine rack and GamyWyrd regularly stack up the reviews. I think we are covered in staff reviewers. (Though I imagine that like me, Mr. Creech got a little slowed down by GenCon.)

I am a bit behind on my queue, but now that the Ennies, GenCon, and business travel are over, I have committed myself to writing 4 reviews per week plus the number of items I received that week. Since I have already received four products this week, I *alone* should be churning out at least 20 reviews this month, probably more as more products arive.

Crothian wrote:
If you do a MEG product, it'd be nice to mention you work for them as well.

Um, if you work in the industry, I would always mention that and never review a product you worked on. Otherwise, write to your heart's content.

Also, I forgot I got 3 PDFs this week to, so chalk me up to 23 this month.

Last edited:

der_kluge

Adventurer
I must have looked at something different then, because I clicked on some link, and it just showed 16 reviews. Odd.

Yes, any review I did would be caveated (is that a word?) with the fact that I wrote for a d20 company. And I wouldn't review any MEG books.

Crothian

First Post
die_kluge said:
Yes, any review I did would be caveated (is that a word?) with the fact that I wrote for a d20 company. And I wouldn't review any MEG books.

Excellent, I expect to see one by this weekend :D

trancejeremy

Adventurer
die_kluge said:
I must have looked at something different then, because I clicked on some link, and it just showed 16 reviews. Odd.

For some reason, it's set up so that if you click on "reviews" from here (the message board), it takes you to the PDF section. (It's just another click from there to get to print ones, but it's a bit odd it takes you to PDFs first).

Remove ads