• Druid

Votes: 33 20.5%
  • Monk

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Paladin

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 9 5.6%

Given a standard 4 person party composed of a fighter, cleric, rogue and wizard, which class do you think generally makes for the best "5th PC" addition to the group? Feel free to explain why you think so.

d4

First Post
Paladin. he can help fight and he can help heal. 'nuff said. :)

he can also help keep the party on the straight and narrow path. ;)

LuYangShih

First Post
I would agree that another Cleric would be the best choice. Barring that, a Druid provides great spells, both combat and support wise, are decent in melee, and have a few nice special abilities to round them out.

Dark Jezter

First Post
No option for ranger, specialized in archery?

Oh well, given the choices presented, I'll choose barbarian: The new and improved 3.5e barbarian surpasses the fighter in melee combat power, and not only can the barbarian dish out enormous amounts of damage (especially if he's using a greatsword or greataxe and making use of 3.5e Power Attack), but he can absorb damage as well. There is no better front-line fighter.

Cedric

First Post
In this party layout, a melee character with good saves and some extra healing for emergencies would be very welcome.

I voted Paladin...

Cedric

A'koss

Explorer
Like Lu and S'mon suggested - another cleric is the best way to go IMO, but barring that... I'd probably go with a Druid.

A'koss.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Bard, no question about it. He can prance, he can mime, he's the best in social situations, and he's your one-stop source for perfumed foppery. :D

Druid. Good healing spells, some good attack spells, more liberal weapon use than ever before, animal companions, and wildshaping. It's almost like having a couple of spellcasters rolled into one, with some sweet class abilities tacked on for good measure.

Marimmar@Home

First Post
I voted for the druid since he:

a) brings along an animal companion as a sixth party member
b) can fight as a 2nd line fighter
c) can heal
d) can cast attack spells

What more do I need?

~Marimmar

Remove ads