List of monsters confirmed in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes

E

Elderbrain

(Just skip to page 21 to see the actual listings from the books by Challenge rating, folks! The contents just got leaked...)

NOW EVEN FURTHER UPDATED! :n:(12th Update, with Drow House Captain and our first Ruling Archdevil, Zariel, at a whopping CR 26!!! Also Amnizu , Narzugon, Elder Elementals, Alkilith, and Nabassu!):n:

This is a list of approximately seventy confirmed monsters in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes. Please report additional ones as they are announced, and I will add them to this OP!

Elder Elementals: Leviathan (yes, I know, already listed, but apparently only one member of a category...)
Gray Render
Corpse Flower
Drow: Matron Mother, Favored Consort, Arachnomancer, Inquisitor, Drow House Captain
Elder Oblex
Cambion: no new stat blocks per se, but adjustments you can make to the MM Cambion stats to create different types of Cambion; includes Abyssal and Infernal variants
Iron Cobra
Meazel
Gnomish Clockwork Constructs (number and names unknown; one believed to be a mechanical frog)
Archdevils: Bael, Geyron, Moloch, Zariel
Devils: Blue Abishai , Black Abishai, Red Abishai, Green Abishai, White Abishai, Amnizu, Narzugon
Demon Lords: Baphomet (Demogorgon, Orcus, Yeenoghu, Zugtomoy, Grat'tz, Jubliex, and Fraz-Ur'blu expected)
Demons: Sibriex, Bulezau, Retriever (technically may be a Construct, but Demon-related), Rutterkin, Alkilith, Nabassu
Shadar-Kai: Gloom Weaver, Shadow Dancer, Soul Monger
Gith: Githyanki Supreme Commander, Githzerai Anarch
Eladrin: Winter Eladrin (Autumn, Spring and Summer likely)
Trolls: Dire, Spirit
Yugoloths: Marraenoloth, Canoloth, Dergholoth
Elemental Mrymidons: Air, Earth, Fire, Water
Undead: Nightwalker, Boneclaw, Allip, Vampiric Mist (Skull Lord likely based on picture on alternate cover)
Duergar: Soulblade, Xarrorn, Hammerer, Screamer, Stone Guard, Warlord
Ogre: Battering Ram, Bolt Thrower (yeah, I know, weird names)
Berbelang
Giff (the hippo people from Spelljammer)
Cadaver Collector
Marut
Phoenix
Nagpa
Astral Dreadnought
Bahalanoth
Skulk
Elder Tempest
Frost Salamander
Tortles: Tortle and Tortle Druid
Bronze Scout
Choker
Eidolon: Eidolon and Eidolon Sacred Statue
Star Spawn: Hulk, Seer, and Mangler
"The Wretched", "The Lonely" and "The Lost" - There's a reference to an "Abyssal Wretch" in the Sibirex stat block, but at least "The Lonely" and "The Wretched" are confirmed as Sorrowsworn - whatever that means in this edition.

I will edit this post periodically as I get more info!

Last edited:

This is a list of confirmed monsters in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes. Please add more as they are announced!

So far, we've seen or heard about (in no particular order): Moloch (Archdevil), Geyron (Archdevil), Sibriex (demon), the Wretched (demon), Astral Dreadnought, Leviatan, Eidolon, Giff, Drow Matron Mother, Drow Favored Consort, Drow Arachnomancer, new Cambions, Eladrin (but type not confirmed, i.e. 2e or 4e version), and allegedly all the Lords of the Nine (Archdevils).
Might be more, but my memory's not that good... please help if I missed anything!
Drow inquisitors were in the list of drow types in the book that Mearls mentioned...

gyor

Legend
We also know we are getting Eldarin and Shadar Kai. I don't know which ones, but I'd be shocked if Ghaele aren't in for Eldarin, same with Sorrowsworn for Shadar Kai.

We also know we are getting Eldarin and Shadar Kai. I don't know which ones, but I'd be shocked if Ghaele aren't in for Eldarin, same with Sorrowsworn for Shadar Kai.

I have a feeling we'll basically get the whole slate of 2e/3.x eladrin, so 6 - 7 depending on how they go (5 types were common to both editions, and each edition had one type not seen in the other). If we don't get the lot, I'm thinking we're most likely to see the coure eladrin, simply because, whether they classify the "greater" eladrin as fey or celestials in this edition, they would be a very useful choice for summon spells (which is also why I think we may very well see the lantern archon as well)...

They were confirmed right off the bat.

While I'm not seeing anywhere that I've looked that all ten Lords of the Nine (remember, Phlegethos has co-rulers) are confirmed to be given stat blocks in the book, it is heavily implied. We know we are getting Archdevils, but as far as I've seen, only Geryon and Moloch (who are the two big ex-lords) have thus far been confirmed. However, the list of tiefling subraces mentioned in the first post in the main MtoF thread ( http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?4908-Coming-in-May-Mordenkainen-s-Tome-of-Foes!&page=8 ) does list all nine current non-Asmodeus ruling lords as subrace progenitors, which does indicate they will all be fully detailed...

If I have missed something, though, please share any links. I'd be very happy knowing that they are all 100% confirmed.

Last edited:

gyor

Legend
I have a feeling we'll basically get the whole slate of 2e/3.x eladrin, so 6 - 7 depending on how they go (5 types were common to both editions, and each edition had one type not seen in the other). If we don't get the lot, I'm thinking we're most likely to see the coure eladrin, simply because, whether they classify the "greater" eladrin as fey or celestials in this edition, they would be a very useful choice for summon spells (which is also why I think we may very well see the lantern archon as well)...

My guess is the list is Ghaele, Bralani, Coure, Firre, and Tulani.

Remove ads