D&D 5E Keep on the Borderlands - OOC (Filled UP)

tglassy

Adventurer
Ok, so Paladin. Heavy Armor, Greatsword, Lawful Evil, all dark and brooding. A tortured soul, seeing the world as corrupt almost beyond saving. He has a dark past full of loss and betrayal, but fights with cold ruthlessness.

Seeing as the Starting Level is a secret, I’ll have to tentatively pick his Oath. Seeing the background, I’d say the new Oath of Conquest works the best, though Oathbreaker or Vengeance could work, too.

I could pick Devotion, and roll play that his loss was very recent, and he’s on the verge of falling and becoming an Oathbreaker. That would give some good tension. Hmm. I’ll think about it.

It's the same reason anything is ever banned. One bad banana spoils the bunch. Once you've encountered the A--hole CN guy "I only care about myself" you can't believe anyone will play those alignments "properly".

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Aurelius

Stats:
STR: 16
DEX: 14
CON: 14
INT: 8
WIS: 14
CHA: 8

Half-Orc
Barbarian
Totem Warrior
Neutral

Background:
Disciple of the Wild
Skills: Insight and Survival
Prof: Herbalism Kit and Sylvan
Feature: You have a keen sense of what food and water are safe to consume. Given sufficient time In a reasonable natural setting you can always find food enough for up to 6 people.

Skills:
Perception, Athletics, (Intimidation)

Equipment:
- greataxe
- Handaxes (2)
- explorer's pack
- javelins (4)

Background:
Aurelius, loving son of two retired adventurers, grew up in civilized luxury. A nostalgic woodland retreat awakened a primal urge in him, and he left home as soon as he was of age. Under the tutelage of a powerful druid, a former colleague of his parents, Aurelius learned of the wild lands and how to survive. He spends his time as a wilderness guide and caravan guard, as well as loaning his considerable martial talents for mercenary work.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
No real background yet, but here is an Arcane Archer:

Stats:
STR: 9
DEX: 14
CON: 12
INT: 13
WIS: 12
CHA: 4

Wood Elf
Fighter
Arcane Archer
Chaotic Good

Background:
Fey Knight
Skills: Arcana, Nature
Proficiencies: Sylvan, Herbalism kit
Feature: Feywild Attunement - You hold a rank in the Fey Knights, those elves, gnomes, and fey that guard fey crossings, and all the rights and privileges of that rank. You always know when near a fey crossing or portal to the feywild and know its exact direction. In the Feywild, you always know the direction to the major locations (such as the Summer Court, Winter Court, etc), subject to the DM.

Skills:
Animal Handling, Survival

Equipment:
Leather Armor
Longbow and quiver with 20 arrows
Rapier
Scimitar
2 Handaxes
Explorer’s Pack

Background:
Tassarion Liadon

EarlyBird

Explorer
Thanks TallIan - I am in my nostalgic years. lol

tglassy welcome, and yes human variants will be ok as an option (knew I should have said)

Re: 1st ed: You mean because you didn't mention Dragonborn or Tieflings? Though you should make it so only HUMANS cannot multiclass.

No I was meaning more towards dwarves can only be fighters, clerics, and rogues as well as gnomes only be allowed to be Illusionist if they take the Wizard class. That sort of thing.

On the multiclassing I was feeling that if you wished to play say a elven fighter/mage you can just take Eldrtich Knight or Arcane Archer. Dwarven fighter/cleric would be a Cleric with the War domain. Things of that nature.

I think you are right when it comes to alignment, and that to avoid people playing it wrong, so I (and others) just nix NE and CE to avoid the headache. Not to say that you couldn't become NE or CE during the game and play Evil for a while.

Great start to character gene.

No I was meaning more towards dwarves can only be fighters, clerics, and rogues as well as gnomes only be allowed to be Illusionist if they take the Wizard class. That sort of thing.
Yes, but there was no warlock back then. Does this mean dwarves, elves and halflings cannot make bad choices and trade their souls for powers? :)

tglassy

Adventurer
Interest Check (OPEN to ALL)

I’m going with Human, with the Dual Wielding Feat. I was going to do Greatsword, but I love the image in my head, a dark Paladin with a Longsword in one hand and a battle axe in the other.

Here’s his lvl 1 stats:

Name: TBD
Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Background: Working on it

HP: 12
AC: 17

Str: 17
Dex: 12
Con: 14
Int: 10
Wis: 13
Cha: 16

Skills:
Intimidation (Class)
Persuasion(Class)
Insight (Race)
Athletics (Background)
Performance(Background)

Languages:
Common
Elvish
Infernal

Proficiencies:
All weapons, armor and shields
Land Vehicles

Background Feature:
TBD

Racial Feature:
Feat: Dual Wielder

Class Features:
Divine Sense: As an action, detect the location of any celestial, fiend or undead and any consecrated or desecrated place or object within 60 feet (1 + Cha mod per day)

Lay on Hands: Gain a reservoir of healing power (5hp), and as an action, you can heal a creature you touch by draining that power. You can also cure one poison or disease from the creature by sacrificing 5hp from the reservoir

Equipment:
chain mail
Longsword
Battleaxe
javelin (5)
explorer's pack
holy symbol

Last edited:

Remove ads