• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Keep on the Borderlands - OOC (Filled UP)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Alright, after some thought, I am strongly considering a high elf divination wizard. Other details are just starting together in my head, and will be produced into something useful later.

Str 9
Dex 12+2
Con 10
Int 17+1
Wis 10
Cha 7

EarlyBird

Explorer
I get your frustration at my lack of information. Guess I'll just get it all out there and the reasoning no need to keep it hidden, just wanted to get the right players involved. My thinking was that the more players knew the more they could tailor their character to be the one man know-it-all/be-it-all character and thus with three or four such characters they could ramshack over the game and I wouldn't get a proper telling.

Game: Keep on the Borderlands
System: D&D 5e
Starting LvL: 5th
# of Players: 5
Environments: Town (castle, tavern, and inns), wilderness (forest and swamps mainly), underground (lots of caves and mini-dungeons, plus one major dungeon in the area)
Character Gene: see Post #1
Starting Date: Players picked May 28th, Game start ?? after party developed/ready

Guess I couldn't - the above info doesn't mean I want 5th lvl character sheets. I want the players as a group to work on their characters advancements/extended backgrounds.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Not late - Players won't be decided on till the 28th about a week/10 days. I posted in the looking for thread late because I forgot about it.

It is also why I didn't want full character sheets - making up all that and the background and then not getting selected would suck.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Karlysle "The Slipper"

Stats:
STR: 7
DEX: 17
CON: 9 (+1 Racial) =10
INT: 14
WIS: 11 (+1 Racial) = 12
CHA: 6 (+2 Racial) = 8

Half-Elf - Teen (15 years of age)
Rogue
Thief
Chaotic Good

Background: Beloved Urchin

Skills: Sleight of Hand, Insight
Prof: Dwarven, Gnome
Feature: Home Court Advantage - As on orphaned child in a smaller town, you are looked upon by the local shop keepers with a mixture of pity and frustration. They pretend not to notice when you steel small amounts but will act if you take advantage. Whether you believe it is your own skill that has let you get away is your choice. .

Skills:
Perception (e), Stealth (e), Investigation, Athletics , Survival, Animal Handling
Common, Elvish, Goblin

Equipment:
- Leather Armour
- Thieves tools
- Stolen Rapier
- Stolen Shortbow + quiver of 20 arrows
- Burglers Pack
- 2 daggers

Background:
Slipper is almost half-wild, but having survived his youth by his wits and ability to 'look after meself' he is finding the people less tolerant of his behaviour as he nears manhood. He has 'acquired' a stash of gear to enable a quick getaway if his welcome is outstayed.

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Interest Check (OPEN to ALL)

Derek Blackbane was an honorable man who upheld the law. He began his career in Waterdeep, in a circus as a child, taking care of the animals and teaching them to perform tricks. He eventually became a performer in the circus, where he met his wife, Safra.

When his wife became pregnant, he left the circus to give them a better life, managing to win a squireship with the local chapter of the Order Of Samular, due oth is ability to care for the animals. His wife, pregnant with his second child, was ecstatic when he was chosen by the Order of Samular to begin training as a Paladin.

He dove into his studies, rigorously training until he clearly outshone many of his peers, including his friend, Salin, a fellow Knight in Training. He and Salin accompanied some of the more esteemed knights on a campaign to kill a Red Dragon that had made its lair close by the city, where he won a Frostbrand Longsword, as well as had numerous smaller adventures, rooting out denizens of the lower planes and their followers.

He approached the point where he would have to take his vows, a moment every Paladin takes very seriously. He had chosen to take the Oath of the Crown, following Tyr and putting his faith in the Law of the Land.
While investigating a cult, he killed the leader, who turned out to be the son of an important man in the city. If it was revealed the man’s son was involved with the cult, he would be ruined. Instead, he claimed Derek killed his son for personal gain. An investigation ensued, but through planted evidence and false testimony, everything painted Derek out to be a lier and a thief, who stole his accomplishments from those better than him.

Derek was ruined. He was ejected from the Order and imprisoned. His sword was given to Salin, his assets were seized. No matter how he screamed, no one would allow him to see his family. The law had betrayed him.

No. The holders of the law had betrayed him. They were corrupt. Corrupt officials perverted the perfection of the law.

Ten years passed as he rotted in that cell, seeing no one but his guard, who fed him. He, who had been so close to giving his life to the law, found those he was going to serve had been as corrupt as those he had sworn to fight.

When he was released, he looked for his family. He found his wife in the local graveyard. She had died of disease a few years after he had been imprisoned. Of his children, he knew nothing, though they would be teenagers, now, if they lived.

He made to leave the city, but passed by a temple to Bane as he did. Few people visited the Lord of Shadow, but something drew him in.

Bane. The god of Conquest. When a ruler becomes corrupt and destitute, it is the right of the Strong to replace them and do better. It was one of Bane’s tenants. That felt right.

Derek knelt at the alter and swore his Oath, which branded on his arm as he spoke them.

Douse the Flames Of Hope
Rule With an Iron Fist
Strength Above All

Last edited:

Remove ads