WOIN WOIN Mech Mechanics

knikpiw

Explorer
In my campaign, I plan on introducing Mechs, both light and medium types in the military power of the "Spartan Empire" and the "Federation", but what are the mechanics of mechs, all that there are in the book are that of health and speed, but no "unarmed damage" or weaponry. Is the unarmed damage like 10d6. How also do weapons work? I thought about using the smallest of starship weapons but they are have a minimum range of 1 kilometers. Do i need to homebrew the mechanics or has this been discussed before. Thanks :)

knikpiw

Explorer
Yea, so I have and use the N.E.W core rulebook. The supplement you linked :"from luxury sportscars to 18-wheeler trucks, to main battle tanks, rules for upgrading and customizing cars with weapons, armor, and gadgets, and rules for vehicle combat". All i see in the introduction is road based vehicles and nothing to with Bipedal type vehicles. Does this include the N.E.W. light/medium bipedal mechs mechanics, like strength and weapons or is it only N.O.W. type vehicles.

P.S. Love the Starship Construction Manual and Space Fight books

par1701

Explorer
but how "hand to hand" combat works with mechs?. piloting skill vs defense? close combat skill with a cap equal to piloting?.
and what is the damage of a hit without weapons? is ti like using powered armor? a fixed amount depending on the mech? Unarmed +XD6 ?.

Remove ads