THIS Is The Pathfinder Playtest Rulebook!

Courtesy of Paizo's Jason Bulmahn on the Twitters -- "This is my 5,000th tweet and I can not think of a finer thing to show than this glorious book finally landing on my shelf. The team really outdid themselves on this. I can't wait for all of you to see it!"

Courtesy of Paizo's Jason Bulmahn on the Twitters -- "This is my 5,000th tweet and I can not think of a finer thing to show than this glorious book finally landing on my shelf. The team really outdid themselves on this. I can't wait for all of you to see it!"

DhXULTzV4AAP263.jpg

ccs

41st lv DM
The fact that they are selling and marketing hardcover books for a playtest... basically an alpha or beta version of the finished product, is a turn off for me. P.T. Barnum would be proud. WoTC released their playtest for 5e as free PDFs. There's a huge difference here.

There's a free PDF.
I just find a physical copy easier to use. So.... Either I burn a lot of ink myself/pay to have it printed out & bound, or I spend less & pick up the soft cover at my local shop.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
The books are in fact preorders, and the preorder closed on May 1... so you can't buy them anymore

There's a free PDF.
I just find a physical copy easier to use. So.... Either I burn a lot of ink myself/pay to have it printed out & bound, or I spend less & pick up the soft cover at my local shop.

My local chapter of Amazon still has it for pre-sale. Both Hardcover and Softcover versions.

claytri

First Post
The fact that they are selling and marketing hardcover books for a playtest... basically an alpha or beta version of the finished product, is a turn off for me. P.T. Barnum would be proud. WoTC released their playtest for 5e as free PDFs. There's a huge difference here.
Well there is a big difference with playtest methods. WoTC did a full blown test with multiple versions of the rules coming out, and you could see the changes over the course. Paizo tends to use the playttest as a fail safe: The product will probably be the same as the playtest, but if they messed up, then they can pull back and not launch a 4e (which had no playtest).

Remove ads

Remove ads