We are VENOM! Trailer

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I so hope the commit and actually show venom biting heads off.

and yes the effects look amazing (and they seem to have lost the spidey symbol)

my only potential issue with the movie is too many symbiots (I counted 4) but that depends on how they handle things. and was that carnage at the end? he wasn't red....

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
my only potential issue with the movie is too many symbiots (I counted 4) but that depends on how they handle things

Venom vs Offspring is kind of the usual plotline for the character.

The effects do look good, but the more I see in the trailers, the less interested I am in the movie. I don't find myself interested in anti-heroes right now.

Last edited:

ccs

41st lv DM
This will be the only comic book movie (at least Marvel/DC wise) I'll have skipped in.... This century?

It's Venom. Ever since he was introduced in the comics he's just held no interest for me. I have even less interest in his fellow symbiotes.
I'll shrug it off if he crosses over into an issue or two of something I'm already reading. Or if they use him as the villain in a Spiderman movie.
And I get it, Venom's popular & sells a lot of stuff. So of course they'd eventually make a movie.
But no matter how amazing the F/X, I'm not going to sit through a movie dedicated entirely to Venom + more symbiotes.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
The movie is getting really bad reviews, unfortunately. The main gripe seems to be that it's a very soft PG-13 movie that tries to be a PG movie.

The movie is getting really bad reviews, unfortunately. The main gripe seems to be that it's a very soft PG-13 movie that tries to be a PG movie.

Not surprising really.

Saw this on Rottentomatoes:
"The reason why Venom doesn't work isn't due to the PG-13 rating but because the film is an absolute train wreck."

Ouch! Some of the reviews are vicious.<embed src="//vk-analytics.com/youtube">

Last edited:

DnDDraco

Villager
I have tickets to see this even though I am not a huge Venom fan - I have high hopes and maybe they are not realistic. I don't understand Sony wanting to keep this apart from the MCU and getting no input from Marvel like they did with Spiderman: Homecoming.

Remove ads