Against the Slavers, Part 1

Li Shenron

Legend
Mäelström casts another Lightning Bolt, this time aiming directly at the Pirate Captain (in case he doesn't have line of sight to him, then aim at the Ogre). He manages to avoid ASF from the armor again, but doesn't feel like he succeeded in pulling out of himself much energy this time...

Lightning Bolt ASF = d10 = 8 > 1 (Ok)
Lightning Bolt Damage = 6d6 = 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 3 = 11

After casting, he moves (MEA) behind the mast near Gwystyl to possibly get a minor cover from the pirate captain, and kneel down (free action? if not, let him stay up) in wait for the captain's retribution :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Rowena

OOC:On the road & away from my books & favorite places list. Would laying hands on herself cause an AoO? If not, she will heal herself for 12 points before continuing the fight. If so, she will just continue to attack the two remaining half orcs.

Festy_Dog

First Post
(ooc: Snipehunt, don't forget Feallne and Tyrion :), I just noticed he and his bird's actions weren't mentioned in the round results.)

Last edited:

Snipehunt

First Post
OoC - grr. Lost this post. Redoing it.

OK, easy first. Feesty Dog, Fealnne's round 2 actiosn are in Post 76 above, just not part of the others. His round 3 happens here!

I don't mind if people post out of order, as long as you all don'[t mind if I occasionally miss something. Fair trade? :)

Using a supernatural ability (lay on hands) doesn't provoke AoO.

Actions:

Gwystyl draws a wand and carefully lines up with the captain, ready to attack next round.

Maelstrom mutters a few words in an incomprehensible language, then thrusts his hands towards the Pirate Captain. Static electricity lifts his hair, which twirls in the wind, then a bolt of pure electricity surges from his fingertips towards the capatain. The bolt arcs just wide of Norbac. who cringes slightly as it passes, and just over Rowena, who views it as a sign from the Gods that they will prevail. It arcs to the pirate captain. Blue and yellow sparks spin as smoke rises. Bloody welts and angry blisters rise from his skin. The captain screams in pain, while and the ogre screams in helpless rage.

Feallne watches Saarloss battle the three pirates. As the quick human slashes at one, drawing blood from his arm, Feallne shoots two more quick arrows into the scrum. Both hit the wounded pirate, who falls unconscious to the ground as blood oozes from wounds in his chest.

Twylionn swoops down to attack, hitting pirate 6 for 1 point of damage.

With the sudden release of so many of the grappling lines holding the boats together, the pirate ship starts to list away at the bow. A heavy wave rises, and moves the bow of the pirate ship swiftly away. The stern, in counterbalance, starts swinging towards the Folly. Both boats knock together roughly, splintered wood flying into the air.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:psst...I have Quickdraw, which makes the wand a free action not a ME one. SHouldn't I get my shot as well?, Thanks-Uriel

maddmic

Explorer
OOC:
I'm finally back. Sorry for the delay. Also, I think there was a mistake. Kiya is Bribben's Wolf. I think you were talking about the hawk?

IC:
Bribben gives Kiya the command to attack and let's her deal with one of the two pirates in front of him. (#6) As he gives her the command, he takes a 5' step away from the pirates and then throws his spear at the other. (#3)

OOC:
There was a good point brought up earlier that I didn't respond to. I forgot that in 3.5 a druid can now use the summon nature's ally in place of any memorized spell. I was wondering if it would be too late to have had Bribben memorize the cooresponding healing spells instead.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Fealnne smiles grimly at his handiwork, then turns his bow on the enemy captain.

attack rolls: (rapid shot)
1st: rolled 10 + 9 = 19 (damage: rolled 5 + 3 = 8)
2nd: rolled 14 + 9 = 23 (damage: rolled 5 + 3 = 8)
3rd: rolled 8 + 4 = 12 (just in case it hit: rolled 6 + 3 = 9)

Tyrion continues to flank Rowena's opponent, but takes more defensive measures in how he fights.

attack rolls: (fighting defensively: AC 22)
1st: rolled 18 + 6 = 24 (damage: rolled 4 - 2 = 2)

Last edited:

Snipehunt

First Post
Uriel said:
OoC:psst...I have Quickdraw, which makes the wand a free action not a ME one. SHouldn't I get my shot as well?, Thanks-Uriel

Uhhh. Yes! Sorry, I didn't realize from your post. Roll those touch attacks! But you probably won't kill him, so we'll move on down the line . . .

Last edited:

Snipehunt

First Post
Round 3 Status, Norbac is up.

Code:
Status ( Round 3 )
Character|In|AC|HP|Max|Status
-------------------------------------------
Fealnne  |19|18|32|32| done 
Kiya     |18|18|40|40| done
Bribben  |15|23|38|38| Barkskin (+3), Bull’s Str.                   done
Norbac   |14|19|20|43| Enlarge Person, Shield of Faith, Bull’s Strength, Bless, Prayer, Holding Mace
Sarloss  |13|17|22|38| 
Pirates   |12|??|??|??| 
Tyrion   |10|18|35|35| 
Rowena   |9 |15|[B]10[/B]|52| 
Gwystyl  |8 |24|28|28| Mage Armor, Shield, Cat’s Grace (in AC)
Maelstrom|8 |23|25|28| Shield

Norbac AC –2 (large, dex –2) +3 (shield of faith)
Pirate Captain -11hp (now 100% cover v. Gywstyl, Maelstrom, and Bribben, and 
vice versa)
Pirate 5 -6hp

Snipehunt

First Post
Maddmic, you're right - I got kiya and tyrion confused. I blame all the players who picked familiars, companions, and mounts! :) Feel free to swap out summons for heals, any good 3.5 druid would have done that.

Bribben's spear magically appears in his hand, already pointed at his foes. Bribben backs up just enough to get a good throw at the pirate facing him. He licks his lips, then hurls his spear into the pirate's arm. The pirate reaches for the heavy spear, ready to pull it out and turn it on his enemies, when it disappears. The pirate grimaces, the blood mixing with the blood and grime on his well-muscled arm. (7 points of damage)

Kiya wiats for the spear to lodge in the orc, then rushes forward to bite at the pirate. The pirate kicks out with a hobnail boot at the last second, and Kiya snaps at air a few inches from the calf.

Remove ads