Against the Slavers, Part 1

Manzanita

First Post
Rowena

"OK," Rowena shouts, "Drop your weapons and put your hands behind your heads. If you don't we will kill you."

Rowena shoves the pirate in front of her back, away from his fallen scimitar, and turns her attention to the ogre. Will he surrender? She prepares to attack, if otherwise.

Snipehunt

First Post
Code:
Status ( Round 3.5 )
Character|In|AC|HP|Max|Status
-------------------------------------------
Fealnne  |19|18|32|32| done 
Kiya     |18|18|40|40| done
Bribben  |15|23|38|38| Barkskin (+3), Bull’s Str.                   done
Norbac   |14|19|20|43| Enlarge Person, Shield of Faith, Bull’s Strength, Bless, Prayer, Holding Spear, Mace dropped done
Sarloss  |13|17|22|38| done
Pirates   |12|??|??|??| done
Tyrion   |10|18|35|35| 
Rowena   |9 |15|22|52| 
Gwystyl  |8 |24|28|28| Mage Armor, Shield, Cat’s Grace (in AC)
Maelstrom|8 |23|25|28| Shield

Norbac AC –2 (large, dex –2) +3 (shield of faith)
Pirates 2, 4, 6 - surrendered and grovelling
Pirate 7 - weaponless
Pirate 3 - -16hp

Someone

Adventurer
Norbac moves slightly [north, 2 squares. He should be on the other board of the ship, but he can reach that point anyway], so he can threaten both Saarloss´ and Rowenna´s pirates with his spear. He casts a healing spell on himself while doing so. [Cure Serious Wounds from Meld into Stone. Heals 16 hp. Right now, is Bribben who needs more help, but I don´t know what I can do for him. Sarloss, if you need help, you only have to withdraw from combat: if the pirates want to move, I have a very large spear and combat reflexes...]

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Gwystyl keeps the Ogre in his sights with his Scorching Ray Wand, preparing for any treachery from the beast.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Fealnne takes aim at the pirates in melee with Bribben, waiting to see if they keep fighting after Rowena's proposal before opening fire.

"That includes you two!" he yells down at Bribben's opponents.

Tyrion returns to Fealnne in the meantime.

Last edited:

Snipehunt

First Post
OoC - the way I play, which may be different from what you're used to, is that no character can react until their initiative. The pirates won't act until all the PC's do. So, I'm treating all PC's who said something along the lines of "I'm waitingto see what the pirates do" as delaying or readying, depending on what is said.

At this point, Norbac, Gwystyl, Feallne (with a yell) have delayed or readied, Maelstrom needs to act, then Bribben and Saarloss until you'll know if all of the pirates accept the offer.

Gwystyl has readied to fire at the ogre if it doesn't surrender (and can take a 5' step).

Fealnne has readied to attack the pirates attacking Bribben if they don't surrender (can take a 5' step, I guess :) )

Norbac has moved, and readied to attack the pirates attacking Saarloss if they don't surrender.

Sound good?

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: I wasn´t exactly clear with my actions. Norbac doesn´t Ready an action to hit the pirates; simply, he moves so he has the pirates within range, so he can -may- get an AoO on them. After all, is difficult to cast an spell and Ready in the same round, now that the old Haste is gone.

Li Shenron

Legend
Mäelström loads his crossbow and readies to cast a Magic Missile at the Ogre if it doesn't surrender, and especially if the Ogre seems to try getting to our ship by walking of the ropes, he will cast the MM at rope instead to make the Ogre fall.

OOC: I can't find in the SRD the rules about attacking an object, and if the rope has some sort of hardness or not. The standard rope in the equipment section just has 2hp but doesn't mention hardness, but I think ship's ropes are thicker. Can someone point me where is it in the SRD?

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Actually, it doesn´t matter much, since magic missiles can´t damage objects. Ropes have no hardness, and it´s up to the DM to decide how many HPs would a thicker rope have.

Li Shenron

Legend
Someone said:
OOC: Actually, it doesn´t matter much, since magic missiles can´t damage objects. Ropes have no hardness, and it´s up to the DM to decide how many HPs would a thicker rope have.

OOC: What a pity, I didn't notice! :( Well it means that Mäelström will simply target the Ogre if it doesn't surrender, and "hope" to make it lose balance if the Ogre attempts to walk the ropes (DM's call if that's possible at all, obviously).

Remove ads