Against the Slavers, Part 1

maddmic

Explorer
Hearing the others offer the pirates a way out, Bribben struggles as to his next action. He takes a 5' step away from the threat and casts Cure Lite on himself. He then calls for Kiya to join him.

Last edited:

Snipehunt

First Post
Li Shenron said:
Mäelström loads his crossbow and readies to cast a Magic Missile at the Ogre if it doesn't surrender, and especially if the Ogre seems to try getting to our ship by walking of the ropes, he will cast the MM at rope instead to make the Ogre fall.

OOC: I can't find in the SRD the rules about attacking an object, and if the rope has some sort of hardness or not. The standard rope in the equipment section just has 2hp but doesn't mention hardness, but I think ship's ropes are thicker. Can someone point me where is it in the SRD?

Can't quote from the SRD. Rope is normally hardness 0, hp2. These ropes are hardness 1, hp5.

MM can't even be targeted on objects, btw. Target=creatures.

Snipehunt

First Post
[Assuming nobody starts anything . . .]

The Ogre watches with forlorn eyes as the pirate captain disappears under the waves. A long, deep moan escapes his thick lips. Looking like nothing so much as a tired toddler, he drops to his bottom and sits cross-legged on the deck, his axe clattering down next to him. A look of despair crosses his mottled face.

The remaining armed pirates on the pirate ship all drop their weapons and begin grovelling with such grace and skill that it occurs to all that this must be hoe they spend much of their days.

However, the two pirates aboard the Folly both swing their axes at Bribben. Fortunately, their rage seems to be evaporating, and with it most of their skill. They miss.

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Bribben is on the merchant ship; not the pirate ship, right?

Rowena will begin gathering weapons from the fallen and try to find some rope to tie them with.

Someone

Adventurer
Norbac heals himself, as said avobe (cast Cure Serious Wounds spontaneously from Meld into Stone, 16 hp healed)

If combat end this round, he´ll hurry to cast another Cure Serious on Sarloss (using Dispel Magic) and Cure Moderate on Rowena (from Augury)

Favoring his wounds, Sarloss will move about the pirate ship and gather up the weapons of the vanquished pirates, keeping an eye on the enemy at all times in the event that someone decides to renew hostilities.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Gwystyl will call out to the pirates still fighting ' Are you as thick as you are ugly? You are beat, Reavers. Drop yer weapons now, else I'll Bar-B-Q you where you stand...'

<Intimidate roll 16+0=16, points for a smoking Scorching Ray Wand pointed at his face?>

Snipehunt

First Post
OoC - OK, OK! My poor pirates . . . :)

Their rage dissipating, reason (or what little the evil humanoids had) begins to ebb back into the orcs' minds. They see the bow aimed at them, a powerful wizard pointing a magical device at them, and the fierce creature with the spear directly in front.

They exchange glances, then drop their axes to the floor. One of them then instantly collapses to the ground, the sudden pain of his wounds flooding his brain.

Someone

Adventurer
While Norbac is doing the healing he says: "Rowena, finish cutting the ropes, so the ships finish crashing one against another. If they continue doing so, soon they will be splinters!"

Remove ads