Against the Slavers, Part 1

Festy_Dog

First Post
Fealnne, seeing the state in which the ogre is in, approaches the creature to speak to it.

[giant]"The captain is still alive, and it appears he got away safely. You've no need to be upset because you did your job well. Now you just need to keep calm and do what the sailors tell you to,"[/giant] he tells the ogre, and turns to everyone else, "The ship's captain jumped overboard and swam off, thing is though he appeared to change shape in the water to some kind of aquatic creature."

maddmic

Explorer
Bribben looks around the ship and heals those who need it. He will then move to the pirate ship and begin to prepare the ship for it's trip. Overhearing the others, he looks overboard. "A shape changer. That does not bode well for our journey. We should depart with haste. He could very well beat us to our quary and warn them."

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: I´m sorry to say this, but I can´t continue with the game. I wish I could still play, but that´s not possible now. I´ll miss you.

Snipehunt

First Post
OoC- Sorry to see you go, Someone. We'll need a replacement.

Captain Goodman quickly picks some crewmembers and inspects the pirate ship. It has plenty of food and water, and spare sails, riggin, and even an extra mast. The sailors quickly get to work repairing the fire-damaged sails, bringing over missing gear, and preparing to sail. The far side of the pirate ship bears its name - "Golden Lilly." Goodman says the ship will be underway as soon as possible.

Maelstrom walks slowly over the ship attempting to detect magic. He finds 3 crossbow bolts that radiate a slight transformation magic, 1 potion that radiates transformation magic, and 2 potions that are clearly healing potions.

As the others search the ship for enemies or loot, they find little out of the ordinary for a pirate ship. The hold is filled with spices, fine linen and silks, and several crates filled with glassware, all obviously from other ships. They find two toothless old women hiding in the galley, and one half-orc quivering in the bilgehold who begs for mercy when found.

After Fealnne is finished speaking, the Ogre looks at him strangely. Then the Ogre's face seems to shake, like a huge earthquake moving mountains somewhere in Oerth. His face seems to crack, and opens into a smile.

"I do good?" his low voice booms out. "Why did capan go, den?"

Rowena concentrates on the old man in front of her. He does not radiate evil, although their seem to be faint traces of it around him.

The old man says, "I know where the cap'n be taking us in Highport. 'Twon't look like nothing to you but another abandoned building, but was a temple in the day. Now we takes slaves there, and the capan walks in with the mates and walks out with a pouch full of gold and silver. I can tell how to get in, though. And about the singin.'

"But I need more'n yer help an' mercy. I need me life."

Her intuition tells her he speaks the truth, and only wants to live out his few remaining days in peace. She recalls hearing of many sailors who, although not evil, did not actively fight being press-ganged into pirate service. Better a life you didn't choose than no life at all, such men would think.

Manzanita

First Post
Rowena

"If you aid us, old man, we will spare your life and give you some of the wealth found on this ship, to aid you in starting a new life. But you must be honest, for we have ways of detecting lies..." she glances about. "Will you accompany us? You could then sail back on this ship when it leaves."

Festy_Dog

First Post
Originally Posted by Snipehunt
"I do good?...Why did capan go, den?"

[giant]"I think he went to tell his friends about what happened. You know what though? I'm sure that if you're well behaved and nice to the crew of this ship, you could get a job protecting their captain, how's that sound?"[/giant] Fealnne asks then turns to the captain and says with a big smile, "Interested in having a bodyguard?

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Taking in all that is transpiring as the two ships are fixed and fitted as best they can (helping when asked), Gwystyl takes a pull from the flask of fine dwarven Whiskey that he keeps in his vest pocket, shaking his head at the Ogre, the tale of the enemy Captain Changing.That's not good...a Wizard.Druid?Either way, not good at all...
With a sigh, Gwystyl goes below the pirate ship's deck to see if he could be any help there.

Snipehunt

First Post
After Rowena offers aid to the old pirate, one of the trussed-up half-orcs, a savage-looking male with a silver hoop nose ring and dark, curly hair all over his body, growls at the pair. He clears his throat and spits.

"Cutty, yer a fool. The lords'll get ya no matta what these do. Say nothin', and mebbe when all be done the lords'll find a place fer ya after retribution. But less'n the lords save us, ya be dead either way. Yardarm at sea, or a slit neck at night, what be the difference?"

Cutty looks distressed for a few seconds, and looks at Rowena.

"Can ye protect us?" he asks.

The Ogre suddenly stands up, and grabs Fealnne in a crushing hug. Precious air pushed from his lungs, the others begin to reach for weapons. The Ogre suddenly lets Fealnne go, leaving damp stains on Fealnne's cheeks from the tears.

"Bafsh glad stay with you," the Ogre says. "I hungry. Any meat?"

Elsewhere, the Lily is made travel-ready surprisingly quickly. Captain Goodman says the ship is ready, and the adventurers should transfer their gear over if they have any left on the Folly. He also asks if the prisoners should be left on the Folly to be taken back to Keoland, or kept on the Lily.

(OoC - sorry the two ships sound so much alike - hadn't noticed that before.)

Manzanita

First Post
"There are no guarentees in life, Cutty, but we plan to destroy these slavelords, which should put an end to those fears. Come, let us talk away from prying eyes and ears."

Rowena lifts the old man to his feet and leads him to the a more private place. "What kind of security are you looking for in return for your aid. We are heading into the heart of darkness. Are you to accompany us? or what kind of aid can you offer?"

Remove ads