I was right about Shield Master

Yunru

Banned
Banned
I don't see how anything's different? It's not like you have to make the attacks immediately after taking the action, so as soon as you take the action (note: not complete) you can use your Bonus action, nee?

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I don't see how anything's different? It's not like you have to make the attacks immediately after taking the action, so as soon as you take the action (note: not complete) you can use your Bonus action, nee?

The ruling is that you must complete your attack action in order to use shield master.

pogre

Legend
You are right at this moment- as Jeremy Crawford reversed his position on this ruling a few days ago. However, will you be crowing about it when he reverses himself again in a few weeks? ;)

For the record - I do think the current ruling is a more natural reading of the rule.

Baumi

Adventurer
You are right at this moment- as Jeremy Crawford reversed his position on this ruling a few days ago. However, will you be crowing about it when he reverses himself again in a few weeks? ;)

For the record - I do think the current ruling is a more natural reading of the rule.

Can you copy his last posting?

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog

Only crowing because I got such grief for pointing out that this is the natural reading and the other attempted reading made no sense (albeit is more fun)

Feels good to be vindicated...

pogre

Legend
Only crowing because I got such grief for pointing out that this is the natural reading and the other attempted reading made no sense (albeit is more fun)

Feels good to be vindicated...

Sure. And I was just teasing you.

I do wonder why anyone would take this feat now though?

Remove ads