Super Hero TV shows

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I used to want super speed or invulnerability, probably because I was a slow, fat kid who got bullied a lot.

Now, I just want a power ring...’cause I like rings. :D

For me it was flight, until I realised that flight without an accompanying invulnerability was a death sentence. One mistake...

Jhaelen

First Post
On the one hand, I can think of a lot of extant heroes that I think would translate well to TV or movies. OTOH, I think it is too easy to screw up a Supers genre show/movie, and wouldn’t want to see many of them warped that way.
Alas, that's very much my own take.

When I was a kid my favorite superhero comics were the ones about the 'Legion of Superheroes' in the 30th century, especially if they featured Wildfire prominently.
A TV show would likely look really cheesy and thematically be turned into an angsty teenage soap, similar to the CW shows. So, it's probably best if there's never a tv show about it, allowing me to preserve my fond childhood memories.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Alas, that's very much my own take.

When I was a kid my favorite superhero comics were the ones about the 'Legion of Superheroes' in the 30th century, especially if they featured Wildfire prominently.
A TV show would likely look really cheesy and thematically be turned into an angsty teenage soap, similar to the CW shows. So, it's probably best if there's never a tv show about it, allowing me to preserve my fond childhood memories.

I think the SFX would be fine...in the right hands. Especially as an animated show, of course.

The Achilles heel would indeed be the writing. The LoSH could legitimately feature some angstsy stuff- just like the Teen Titans- depending on the particular era. After all, it was founded by teens & twenty-somethings.

But also like the TT, they grew up and the storylines and dynamics changed.

Which reminds me...

I’d get a kick out of a good take on the Legion of SUBSTITUTE Heroes, Inferior Five, Great Lakes Avengers, Dist H For Hero or one of the other less serious super groups.

No Power Pack, though. Powderpuff Girls was better than any conceivable version of Marvel’s youngest superheroes.

Hawk & Dove could be interesting.

And of course, smaller companies’ ideas would be cool, too. Archer & Armstrong. Astro City. Powers.

Again, all assuming you could get good writers...and the right networks to host such shows.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Elseworlds crossover event starts Sunday December 9 on The CW.*
Probably will go thusly Supergirl --> Arrow --> Legends of Tomorrow --> Flash
Black Lightning is not part of the Arrowverse despite being from the same production company, it will not be part of this.
[video=youtube_share;yA39V7nWx3w]https://youtu.be/yA39V7nWx3w[/video]
*Check local listings

Last edited:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
The Flash came on tonight instead of Supergirl so it is part 1 not Supergirl. Maybe Supergirl will be on Tuesday night?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Gotham is my favourite.

Followed by Daredevil, then Supergirl, Jessica Jones, and Iron Fist got much better this year.

Arrow once was, then I went off it for a few years, but it's picked up again.

Arrow and Flash both had a dip in quality, but are doing much better. Supergirl, too, from what I've heard. I didn't love the second season, especially after the first, but Ive been told repeatedly that it's really good again.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I got the feels during part 1 when they went to Earth 38 to meetup with Supergirl.
[video=youtube_share;uzlyGxDx8Ck]https://youtu.be/uzlyGxDx8Ck[/video]

Remove ads