Super Hero TV shows

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
hey all, I just finished season 2 of Luke cage and they have the picture of the actor for Luke's father with the note of "in memorium of ..."

So, I look on IMDB and it says he passed in February of 2018. I wonder if that means the end of the show? It ends rather final. You will have to watch the show to see what I mean.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
hey all, I just finished season 2 of Luke cage and they have the picture of the actor for Luke's father with the note of "in memorium of ..."

So, I look on IMDB and it says he passed in February of 2018. I wonder if that means the end of the show? It ends rather final. You will have to watch the show to see what I mean.

Both it and Iron Fist were cancelled last month.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
On the one hand, I can think of a lot of extant heroes that I think would translate well to TV or movies. OTOH, I think it is too easy to screw up a Supers genre show/movie, and wouldn’t want to see many of them warped that way.

It might be interesting, though, to see some more done a la Mutant X, where the characters and situations are similar to but not quite the same as the world of the characters we know. Like the Elseworlds line, or versions of the characters from other dimensions. Hell, an Elseworlds series could be fun. They could do it AHS style, even, with the alternative characters being given a miniseries or whole season.

DC did OK with Gotham By Gaslight. 1602 was cool. A storyline in which a Merlin-esque figure uses the powers of the original Green Lantern or Starman devices could be cool.

Then there are characters like Adam Strange, who could really fill the void of series like Flash Gordon or the old Commando Cody serials.

Or imagine all the stories that could be told about the Legion of Super Heroes. Or involving the Kree, Skrull & Shi’Ar empires.

A version of Adam Strange already showed up in the Krypton series, so they could spin that off into something

I also think Arrow/Flash are already doing elseworlds. They did the Nazi World version of themselves in season 4s crossover and introduced The Ray as an animated short.

I also hear that anew Flash Gordon movie is being developed.

Finally I also see that the trailer for Season 2 of Runaways is out on Hulu. I watched season 1 and enjoyed it - so add that to the watch list too

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
You know I was thinking about Heroes and what power from it I would like to have it and I settled on Micah's technopathy.

When I was a young lad I wanted invisibility, so I could sneak in the girls locker room. Now I can think of far better uses for it....that bank across the street looks....ahem...never mind.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I used to want super speed or invulnerability, probably because I was a slow, fat kid who got bullied a lot.

Now, I just want a power ring...’cause I like rings. :D

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I liked the movie with Alec Baldwin. I could watch a series. I'd like it set in the same time period.

Remove ads