D&D 5E Rating 5e adventures - best for my group?

smbakeresq

Explorer
Tormyr probably doesn’t want to blow his own horn, but try his conversion of Age of Worms. It’s from 3.5 and you need the original Dungeon magazines (available online somewhere....) but it’s all there and it’s all linked episodes.

Tormyr

Adventurer
Tormyr probably doesn’t want to blow his own horn, but try his conversion of Age of Worms. It’s from 3.5 and you need the original Dungeon magazines (available online somewhere....) but it’s all there and it’s all linked episodes.

Thanks! Although I am to a certain extent. I am doing the 5e version of War of the Burning Sky. :)

The conversion documents for Age of Worms are here: http://www.enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=1254

Each document has a link to where to purchase the associated adventure from Paizo's site.

pukunui

Legend
This is a good list, but not all of the choices are good, imo. I am not a fan of Hoard of the Dragon Queen. It is not well written and very rail-roady. I have read similar comments about the sequel: Rise of Tiamat. I think Tomb of Annihilation is very good, but it could take your group a year or more to get through it.

I would narrow it down to these three:
1. Lost Mines of Phandelver
2. Tales of the Yawning Portal
3. Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

A fourth option is to check out DM's Guild. There some very good adventures there. Most are one-off's, but there are a few continuing sagas, and you could always string a few individual scenarios together.
I enjoyed running the Tyranny of Dragons adventures. I am not really enjoying Dragon Heist.

Remove ads