The Orville Season Two - Thoughts?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
They should have totally had him look again at the phone and see that photo there. Paradox fun for all the family!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I remember Ray Kurzweil talking about using AI to do something like what Gordon did. His father kept journals and notes on everything. Along with his fathers photos and music, Ray thought he could bring his father back to life via a computer simulation.

That's an early Black Mirror episode.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don't know how well those Yankees down south of us, but as being part of the Commonwealth, we get plenty of British television series.

Space: 1999, Benny Hill, Faulty Towers, Monty Python (Flying Circus), The Black Adder, The Avengers.

Do you get any British TV from the last 30 years?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Another “britcom” I love: Posh Nosh. Cracks me up every time. Huge fan of Lenny Henry’s Chef, too.

I’ve also seen a few episodes of Whites, but it hasn’t quite grabbed me. One of the costars Darren John Boyd of Spy and the original Dirk Gently’s Holostic Detective Agency- both good.

Which of course reminds me of the Hitchhiker ‘s Guide series (loved it).

And right now, I’m eagerly awaiting Good Omens, and would love to see Neverwhere. Don’t know if/when for either.

The music in this episode blew me away. I really expected Laura's song at the bar to be something contemporary to 2015, not a 30 year old piece from America. At first, I thought it was just an obscure reference. Then, at the reprise at the end, the meaning behind the song choice hit me.

For those that didn't catch it, the song is from the soundtrack to The Last Unicorn. If you haven't seen that movie, go watch it first. For those that have: [sblock]The song is the one that Lir sings to Amalthea. It's a song about a relationship that is doomed to fail because the object of his affection isn't human and is incapable of reciprocating his love.[/sblock]

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Forgot Vicar of Dibley, Fry and Laurie, Twenty Twelve and W1A!

I also catch a fair number of the UK’s murder mystery shows too. Besides various takes on Poirot and Holmes, Father Brown & Death In Paradise are among my faves, and Dad’s a big fan of Midsommer Murders- I especially liked the one with the guy getting killed by poisonous mushrooms.

...and to think WE export shows like Baywatch and Dallas.:lol:

Last edited:

Remove ads