SHAZAM! - Official Trailer 2

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Good trailers mislead instead of reveal. One guess is that yes, they are starting with the focus on Billy Batson beign 15 - but just so they can show the arc of his hero journey with a huge change from where he starts to where he ends up.

Not saying it's the case - the trailer could be all the best parts of the movie. I've seen those. But I wouldn't write it off as just gags.

Derren

Hero
Good trailers mislead instead of reveal. One guess is that yes, they are starting with the focus on Billy Batson beign 15 - but just so they can show the arc of his hero journey with a huge change from where he starts to where he ends up.

Not saying it's the case - the trailer could be all the best parts of the movie. I've seen those. But I wouldn't write it off as just gags.

15? Isn't he supposed to be younger?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
15? Isn't he supposed to be younger?

Yes and no. Remember, this is a comic book, so the origin story changes over time.

In his very first appearance, Billy Batson was 12. But that was in 1940. Somewhere over time, that got moved up to his being 14.

In 1987, it was rewritten that he was 15. In 1994, it was rewritten again, and he was 10. In 2012, with the New 52, he was rewritten as 15.

Remove ads