Dice Action Camera players in sex scandal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Immortal Sun

I really have no idea why anyone other than the people involved should care about this situation. What is the purpose of this thread?

Because we as a society have a vested interest in knowing when people are doing illegal things and ya know, punishing them for it?

I mean, that's why we have public police forces right? Because society determined some things aren't cool and ought to be dealt with?

Jesus these sorts of posts are just so stupid. "Why should anyone else care when a famous person is doing nasty things!" Like really? Do you not understand how society functions? No, I suppose you probably don't. I mean, or you do and you're just one of those edgy folks who thinks society shouldn't function as it has for thousands of years because of whatever moronic ideology you happen to buy into.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I just cannot wrap my head around that kind of thing.

Who in their right mind would ever want to do something like that? Who even sends pictures of their genitals to anyone, let alone a stranger? Is there anyone alive who actually believes that sexy? If I ever pulled that on my girlfriend I'm pretty sure the response would be somewhere between "never, ever do that again" and "never, ever come near me again"... and I wouldn't blame her one bit. Is that seriously something people actually do? I thought it was just some kind of "those awful kids these days" urban legend (not that there are creepers out there who do it, but that there are actually people who want to see it.) That's just tacky, gross, and repulsive.

But sending them unsolicited while requesting pictures in return, and involving underage girls, moves it up from "creeper" to "dangerous lunatic."

That’s because you’re not a creep. But ask any of your female friends who are active in online dating how many guys try to exchange nude pics, or send pics unsolicited. You might be surprised, sadly. We men really need to start holding each other accountable and call that crap out when we see it. As Gradine said, it’s harassment.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I just cannot wrap my head around that kind of thing.

Who in their right mind would ever want to do something like that?

(Emphasis mine.)

That’s the key phrase. Some of it may be sex addiction, some of it is the aforementioned wishful thinking about reciprocated desires.

Who even sends pictures of their genitals to anyone, let alone a stranger? Is there anyone alive who actually believes that sexy?

There once was a certain congressman with an unfortunately (in)appropriate name...
220px-Anthony_Weiner%2C_official_portrait%2C_112th_Congress.jpg

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Because we as a society have a vested interest in knowing when people are doing illegal things and ya know, punishing them for it?

I mean, that's why we have public police forces right? Because society determined some things aren't cool and ought to be dealt with?

Yup!

Jesus these sorts of posts are just so stupid. "Why should anyone else care when a famous person is doing nasty things!" Like really? Do you not understand how society functions? No, I suppose you probably don't. I mean, or you do and you're just one of those edgy folks who thinks society shouldn't function as it has for thousands of years because of whatever moronic ideology you happen to buy into.

And now we have a problem, ladies and gentlemen.

Disagreement with someone is OK. Being disagreeable in the process is absolutely not.

If you think you think it’s a good idea to openly insult someone for whatever reason, stop and rethink. Then don’t do it.

TheSword

Legend
This sounds like a tabloid headline, because it is a tabloid headline... however without any of the journalistic integrity, fact checking and due dillegence even a tabloid would require. All we have seen are copies of a copies of twitter posts through links, retweets and comments, likes, shares and sarcastic gifs all commented on by the mob (in a Roman sense).

As to the criminal element, I’m not sure anyone on the internet has the context to be able to properly assess or judge what has happened as we haven’t seen the full exchange of text. Three very large sexual assault/rape cases in the UK have recently fallen apart because only a snapshot of a situation was considered - and not the before and after. Until the full context is seen it is impossible to make these kind of judgements.

As to the second point of the morality of an ‘affair’ (a fairly outmoded expression) and the sharing of naked imagery between consenting adults. I don’t really think it’s appropriate in the rpg gaming community, to comment on what a person does or doesn’t do with their partner, monogamous or otherwise. The days of vilifying people for not conforming to sexual norms should be a thing best left to the Victorian era.

There is only one reasonable response to a person who claims they have been abused... commend them for their bravery; urge them to go to the authorities and then signpost them to support. Trying this in the court of public opinion can only be a bad thing.

Last edited:

TheSword

Legend

It’s also why we have a judicial system with the rule of law to prevent miscarriages of justice which hurt genuine cases as much as they destroy lives.

We don’t appoint you to be the person who decides these things. These accusations unfortunately need to be public before they are proven in order for other victims to get the chance to come forward. That’s a necessary evil though not an ideal situation.

Woman as late as the 1960’s were forced by stigma to give up their children because they were born out of wedlock. They also suffered at the hands of society’s disapproval. I wouldn’t be so quick to praise the society’s ability to regulate behaviour.

Sacrosanct

Legend
This sounds like a tabloid headline, because it is a tabloid headline... however without any of the journalistic integrity, fact checking and due dillegence even a tabloid would require. All we have seen are copies of a copies of twitter posts through links, retweets and comments, likes, shares and sarcastic gifs all commented on by the mob (in a Roman sense).

As to the criminal element, I’m not sure anyone on the internet has the context to be able to properly assess or judge what has happened as we haven’t seen the full exchange of text. Three very large sexual assault/rape cases in the UK have recently fallen apart because only a snapshot of a situation was considered - and not the before and after. Until the full context is seen it is impossible to make these kind of judgements.

As to the second point of the morality of an ‘affair’ (a fairly outmoded expression) and the sharing of naked imagery between consenting adults. I don’t really think it’s appropriate in the rpg gaming community, to comment on what a person does or doesn’t do with their partner, monogamous or otherwise. The days of vilifying people for not conforming to sexual norms should be a thing best left to the Victorian era.

There is only one reasonable response to a person who claims they have been abused... commend them for their bravery; urge them to go to the authorities and then signpost them to support. Trying this in the court of public opinion can only be a bad thing.

The whole point of the #metoo movement completely passed you by, didn’t it? Do you know how many reports of harassment and assault result in nothing? Just in the past month, two men raped teenage girls and got probation for it. That’s it.

Several women came forth and said they got unwanted pics from him, and him asking for theirs in return. Some of these women were under age. Girls. How do you think they all got pictures and screen shots of the texts? Many of these women only came forward because it became public. No offense, but posts like yours are part of the problem because it keeps behavior like his in the shadows where men like him keep doing it because they don’t get held accountable for it. Much of what he did was not a crime, but reprehensible regardless. So unless all of these women are lying, there is a legitimate cause to have public pressure to have him removed from the industry as a representative of said industry.

Sorry, this public discussion is necessary, and it’s not “outdated Victorian sexual norms”. Harassment is never warranted. If this didn’t become public, most of these women and girls would never have their story known and he’d keep getting away with his abhorrent behavior. Men sending unsolicited dick pics to women is not a tabloid. It’s an all too common occurrence that needs to stop. And attitudes like yours that advocate ignoring it unless it’s an actual crime are part of the problem that enables men to keep doing things like this.

Pauln6

Hero
You guys do know that sleeping on your dice rolling hand, so it goes numb and feels like someone else, doesn't count as getting laid though, right?

As an aside, I do think that someone using their job to engage in inappropriate sexual contact should in most cases be guilty of gross misconduct. An affair with a colleague is different if they're both adults but the guy should be gone and the police should decide if a crime has been committed if any of the girls were under age.

Last edited:

TheSword

Legend
The whole point of the #metoo movement completely passed you by, didn’t it? Do you know how many reports of harassment and assault result in nothing? Just in the past month, two men raped teenage girls and got probation for it. That’s it.

Several women came forth and said they got unwanted pics from him, and him asking for theirs in return. Some of these women were under age. Girls. How do you think they all got pictures and screen shots of the texts? Many of these women only came forward because it became public. No offense, but posts like yours are part of the problem because it keeps behavior like his in the shadows where men like him keep doing it because they don’t get held accountable for it. Much of what he did was not a crime, but reprehensible regardless. So unless all of these women are lying, there is a legitimate cause to have public pressure to have him removed from the industry as a representative of said industry.

Sorry, this public discussion is necessary, and it’s not “outdated Victorian sexual norms”. Harassment is never warranted. If this didn’t become public, most of these women and girls would never have their story known and he’d keep getting away with his abhorrent behavior. Men sending unsolicited dick pics to women is not a tabloid. It’s an all too common occurrence that needs to stop. And attitudes like yours that advocate ignoring it unless it’s an actual crime are part of the problem that enables men to keep doing things like this.

It’s a sad state of affairs but do you honestly believe that because their is a disproportionately low success rate in cases of rape and sexual assault, the burden of proof and due process should be reduced? In the UK a young Scottish student charged and went on trial for rape was exhonerated when the accusers phone was finally released and a string of messages we seen saying how she had enjoyed it and when were they doing it again. Context is everything. The student was vilified on social media and had his life almost destroyed.

I said that this post is tabloid because it’s sources are two private twitter accounts and an anonymous account that is supposedly against bullying but has a few hundred posts of what can only be described as the worst cyber bullying. “Dice Camera Action Players in Sex Scandal” is tabloid. Cheating on your partner is tabloid. A messy public break up is tabloid. Please don’t conflate the headline with the separate accusations of abuse. I make it clear in my post that there is a difference between criticisms of the way he handles his private life and the separate unlawful issue of abuse and sexual harassment.

You believe some of the girls are underage because of what you have read in Twitter. You don’t know the details and the stories linked above don’t reveal them. They are filled with a few thousand people presenting their opinions as fact. Do you know for a fact the person didn’t claim to be 18 or 21 in earlier conversation. Do you know for fact that images were unsolicited? Because someone thought it would be a good idea to post these on twitter, anyone with google has access to them. If you did the research then we’ll done. The post and links above haven’t demonstrated that.

If you read my second post one up from yours you will see I make clear that public accusations are necessary for exactly the reason you give. However that is not a ‘good’ thing. In that instance time should be given for accusations to be evidenced by the proper authorities before judgement is served. The sad thing is that people can’t help prejudging and social media and forums make it too easy to do.

WOC and any other companies though are of course within their rights to distance themselves from anything they like, in any event. They probably should, because this atmosphere of public lynching and “no smoke without fire” element of public opinion is absolutely toxic and isn’t going anywhere.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases