WotC New D&D Stream Replaces Dice, Camera, Action!

The official D&D streaming campaign Dice, Camera, Action!, run by WotC's Chris Perkins, ended somewhat ignominiously earlier this year. WotC has just announced its replacement -- "DnDPresents", featuring some of the same cast.

The official D&D streaming campaign Dice, Camera, Action!, run by WotC's Chris Perkins, ended somewhat ignominiously earlier this year. WotC has just announced its replacement -- "DnDPresents", featuring some of the same cast.

EK5qOcnUEAA3TOh.png

According to the official Twitter account Chris Perkins returns as DM for a new show, DnD Presents, featuring. Anna Prosser, Nathan Sharp, Mica Burton, and ShadyPenguinn. More information will be revealed at PAX Unplugged next week.

WotC confirmed "We are excited for you to experience the new show, but that means [Dice, Camera, Action!] will not be returning. We congratulate the cast on 141 episodes of wonderful storytelling."

Chris Perkins added "I will have thoughts to share about DCA at some point, but for now I’ll just say how much I love the whole DCA cast, in particular Anna Prosser, Nathan Sharp, Jared Knabenbauer, and Holly Conrad. We are a family, and their happiness matters to me."

I guess I can say this:

In Spain we have got one saying (among lots of them): "Caesar's wife should not only be honest but seems to be so. ".

* What is the official name for web series where streamers are playing TTRPGs, game-live show?

* Is there any stream serie where we see in the screen a virtual board game controlled by the DM, like a mixture of machinima movie and videogame streaming?

Mr. Patient

Adventurer
Wow, I had no idea about any of the madness linked in the original post. I've spent the last couple of months catching up on the Acq Inc C Team. The DCA folks were very frequent guests, and I enjoyed their appearances.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I really like Chris Perkin's DM Experience and Iomedra campaign stuff from the Wizard's site. But I normally don't enjoy Actual Play videos. (I have same problems with TV in general.)

So I'm torn. For someone not into the video thing, how was DCA in terms of cool DMing? Is it worth going back and trying to watch for someone not fond of the format?

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I enjoyed the shorter format of DCA compared to the 4 hour Critical Role. The Ravenloft storyline was good but i much prefer the live streams of Acq Inc compared to the sometimes crappy microphones used for streaming...the sound of echo/tinny in a metal box is unappealing enough to stop watching or listening, Chris is a fun DM to watch so I’ll be checking this out to see what storyline he might be using when it starts up.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads