• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

Dice Action Camera players in sex scandal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corrosive

Explorer
Sounds like a tabloid headline, but isn't...

Two of the players in Chris Perkins' Dice Camera Action show had an affair; the male (married) one, ProJared, sends unsolicited dick pics to female fans and asks for nudes in return. And, apparently, has been doing this for years.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LivestreamFail/comments/bmfurg/projared_cheated_on_his_wife/

https://twitter.com/hollyconrad/status/1126346526672834561?s=21&fbclid=IwAR3HlMqqPdPwNxb2vfteyglA62RbP2OUEGUNMmWHXn8ooDsLN9gQH559Rlo

https://twitter.com/misterantibully/status/1126402438234349568?s=21&fbclid=IwAR0ooEciICUDpXLbgfpg8cehP3-dJcZy7LXxdQf7yH_EfNSoxJkFX5XCjvY

Info at the above links. Wanting - NSFW pictures. Yes, those pictures.

WotC just had the Mearls/Zak S and RPG Pundit scandal. Now it's the cast of Dice Camera Action.

Sacrosanct

Slayer of Keraptis
I'm shocked. Who knew Dungeons and Dragons players could get laid?
I don't think that's what people are worked up over. They are upset that Holly slept with her friend's husband (calling her a homewrecker which I don't agree with since a) it's their business and b) he's an adult who is responsible for his own actions), and are REALLY upset that he sent nude pics to underage girls asking for theirs in return. That part is pretty messed up.

lowkey13

Exterminate all rational thought
I don't think that's what people are worked up over. They are upset that Holly slept with her friend's husband (calling her a homewrecker which I don't agree with since a) it's their business and b) he's an adult who is responsible for his own actions), and are REALLY upset that he sent nude pics to underage girls asking for theirs in return. That part is pretty messed up.
I don't even want to touch this with someone else's 10' pole, but based on what little I know (which is a google search and this article-
https://kotaku.com/youtuber-projared-accused-of-sexually-soliciting-fans-1834650673 ) ....

It would appear that-

a. One issue is the infidelity. Which is a moral issue, but not really an issue of illegality. More salacious, of course, because it's a smaller community.

b. Another issue is the trading of pics with fans; which some people would say raises questions about power imbalances between celebrities, or even, um, youtube personalities and fans, but is still more "eh, not cool" than illegal.

c. Re: the issue in b, his wife knew and encouraged the pic trading, but apparently didn't know about all the pics. So there's that, too. I guess.

d. And then there may be one individual who is/was 16 at the time, which is a separate issue- also difficult because the one person I saw quoted indicated that she was 21 and he did ask about the age. That said, that would be the really, really, really bad one from a strictly legal P.O.V.

Anyway, can't we just get back to having youtube host cat videos, and not wanna-be celebrities?

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
Regarding the extramarital affair, I'm not the least bit surprised. At this point, who hasn't seen a D&D group fall apart due to extramarital bonking? It happens all the time, and why not? When men and women get together, they bonk. That's just the way it is. Bonk, bonk, bonk.

TheSword

Explorer
There is nothing about this that isn’t depressing. However what bothers me most is the wicked glee people in those threads take at the fall.

Gradine

Archivist
Oh look, ProJared turned out to be a major creep who sends unsolicited dick pics. I am shocked. This is my shocked face :uhoh:

Sacrosanct

Slayer of Keraptis
And illegal if that’s true.
d. And then there may be one individual who is/was 16 at the time, which is a separate issue- also difficult because the one person I saw quoted indicated that she was 21 and he did ask about the age. That said, that would be the really, really, really bad one from a strictly legal P.O.V.
Well, I can't say how the pics got out there, but so far, I've personally seen more than one account from an underage girl show screen shots of the dick pics they say he sent them. Maybe they are all lying, but it does beg the question how these underage girls got these pics if he didn't send them to them. I suppose one could photoshop their screen shots to make it look like he sent it to them, but I find that dubious.

As far as why we care (to the other poster who asked)? I don't. Not about the cheating. None of my business. But illegal activity and preying on kids? Yeah, I'm concerned about that

Gradine

Archivist
Just a reminder that sending unsolicited dick pics is sexual harassment, regardless of the age of the recipient

ProJared is supposed to be at dndlive next week...Wizards needs to flat out suspend their relationship with him, this picture swap thing is disgusting and disturbing.

Aaron Litz

Villager
I just cannot wrap my head around that kind of thing.

Who in their right mind would ever want to do something like that? Who even sends pictures of their genitals to anyone, let alone a stranger? Is there anyone alive who actually believes that sexy? If I ever pulled that on my girlfriend I'm pretty sure the response would be somewhere between "never, ever do that again" and "never, ever come near me again"... and I wouldn't blame her one bit. Is that seriously something people actually do? I thought it was just some kind of "those awful kids these days" urban legend (not that there are creepers out there who do it, but that there are actually people who want to see it.) That's just tacky, gross, and repulsive.

But sending them unsolicited while requesting pictures in return, and involving underage girls, moves it up from "creeper" to "dangerous lunatic."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisement