Converting...

What sources should I be converting monsters from?

• 1E books and supplements

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • 2E books and supplements

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 2E modules

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • 2E issues of DRAGON

• Boxed sets

• 2E Monstrous Compendiums, Annuals, Monstrous Manual

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Oriental Adventures/Kara-Tur

• Mystara/OD&D

• Greyhawk

• Planescape

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Forgotten Realms

• Spelljammer/Dark Sun

• Al-Qadim/Maztica/Horde

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
this poll is just to give me an idea on what sort of monsters you'd like to see me convert next. yeah, i know, i've done this before and i don't always do what i say i'll do... and i don't make any promises this time either.

some explanations:

anything not listed under a campaign setting should be considered "generic, non-aligned". example: the monster manual, fiend folio.

boxed sets, likewise, are generic setting, examples: dragon mountain, night below

"mystara" covers anything written with OD&D rules (i.e., pre-1st edition AD&D) as well as when it crossed over into 2e

yes, many of these categories will cross over - i'll simply do a conversion first whereever i feel like it. :)

spelljammer, dark sun, and other worlds are probably well-supported with their own offical websites and all of that. i don't want to step on anyone's toes, so i probably won't be converting anything that the fans have already done for the official site. however, i won't be removing such creatures from the site if they're there already, and i will most likely be upgrading them.

planescape, though it too has its own official site, is a different case. most PS mosters are "fair game" in my book.

dragonlance and ravenloft, however, are another story. we won't be doing too many conversions or upgrade of monsters specific to those settings, but i don't plan on removing them from the site as of yet.

anything else from OD&D, 1E, and 2E official sources, as i see it, is fair game for a convesion. :)

discuss below some of the items you wish to see done, to start me on ideas...

Shade

Monster Junkie
All of them. :rolleyes:

But seriously, I don't really place value on one particular source over another. I do value certain monster types higher (I know...see the other thread :p ), particularly fiends, celestials, and their equivalents like the rilmani.

ShadowNemisi

First Post
The alu-fiend and cambion! I didn't seem them on your 3.5 "to-do" list, so I voted for 1E books and supplements in this poll. Don't write them off as just the half-fiend template!:D

the Jester

Legend
All of 'em. Convert everything, big or small, lawful good or chaotic evil, whatever plane it's from, whatever book it's in. Plant, animal or elemental, heck, even beasts from 3.0... do it all.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
jester, i agree with all of that except the part about 3.0. i don't intend on converting anything in any official sources, but any 3.0 conversions by fans or on websites is fair game to me for converting to 3.5 :)

the Jester

Legend
BOZ said:
jester, i agree with all of that except the part about 3.0.

Note that I specified beasts, which no longer exist in 3.5... :D I should've said beasts and shapechangers, actually- they all need some conversion for easy use now, since those two types are gone...

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
yeah, but it's not me that'll be doing it - unless they are already in the CC of course. :)

Remove ads