Supporting Caste: Memorable NPCs

AFGNCAAP

First Post
Playing a fair amount of CRPGs got me thinking about this topic:

What are some of the memorable NPCs that you have encountered with your PCs or used as a DM? They don't necessarily have to be villains or cohorts of the PCs, but characters whose one-time or frequent appearance stuck in your mind, or added flavor to the game.

Anyone have any good NPC tales?

NiTessine

Explorer
Tikru, the halfling Fighter/Psychic Warrior, in my FR game. He's part plot device, part henchman, and all annoying. He was originally a PC, but the player left the game, and Tikru was turned into an NPC, to tag along with the group until an ignominious death in some random encounter. That random encounter never came. The dice love him. Guess somebody has to...

Tikru has now existed as an NPC longer than he was ever played as a PC and gained two levels in that time. At first, the players hated him for grabbing a part of their xp. Now, they have grown to loathe the little creep. I keep him around because he has an IC justification of tagging along with the party, and they have an IC obligation to keep him with them. He's their liaison to the church of Kelemvor, to whom they are kinda working.

Tikru is also paranoid, primitive, and violent. He dual wields daggers, and is completely useless in a fight.

Last edited:

Tewligan

First Post
One associate of our group is the imp Chalakassen, who was the familiar of our wizard's now deceased mentor. He's actually fairly loyal and friendly to the group - well, as loyal as evil given fleshly form can be, anyway. He helps to run and keeps the books of an inn that two of the party members own in an Underdark city. I'm pretty certain he skims money off the profits, and we're pretty sure but can't prove that he's killed multiple people who have crossed him or the party. For the longest time, most of the party didn't even know he was an imp thanks to his magical disguise. What a guy.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
A male rakasta trader named Johna. He was a NPC in the World of Kulan game I ran.

A male nagpa wizard named Zeppapian; he's known as the Claw Magus on the continent known as The Fallenlands in the same campaign.

Last edited:

Pants

First Post
In my first 3E game, the players had a henchman dwarf named Dolorous Edd (modeled after the character in aSoIaF) who would always speak in a monotonous tone, even during the heat of battle.

alsih2o

First Post
semarinsul, half-orc paladin of moradin with a batwinged pegasus as a mount. our party had a half orc barbarian that fell madly inlove with her.

we went artifact hunting with her, eventually finding her dwarven mate and the demon that had stolen her appearance to get him to help "her" steal the artifact.

the artifact was an intelligent pudding neccesary for the production of mithral.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases