Do undead heal naturally?

Oni

First Post
Do you do the same thing with liches, curious in that because of their ability to return from destruction by way of their phylactery obviously indicates some sort of regenerative power.

PenguinKing

First Post
Deadguy said:
[*]Shadows drain Strength to recover hit points (okay House Rule, but consistent! ;) )
Um, does the description of "Ability Score Loss" in the MM say that the draining creature regains hit points?

- Sir Bob.

P.S. Nih!

Deadguy

First Post
Oni said:
Do you do the same thing with liches, curious in that because of their ability to return from destruction by way of their phylactery obviously indicates some sort of regenerative power.
I think Liches are special because they are immortal through the action of a magical device. I picture them forever being renewed in their hollow shell of a body by the action of that magic, decaying finally to the hideous form we think of as a lich.

Deadguy

First Post
PenguinKing said:
Um, does the description of "Ability Score Loss" in the MM say that the draining creature regains hit points?

- Sir Bob.

P.S. Nih!

That's why I say that letting Shadows recover HP through Strength Drain is a House Rule :) But I think it has the right sort of feeling - the idea of taking something from the living in order to renew the Undead. I regard the Undead as eesentially being parasitical on the living, I guess.

PenguinKing

First Post
Deadguy said:
That's why I say that letting Shadows recover HP through Strength Drain is a House Rule ;)
No, no, I mean IDHTBIFOM, but I seem to recall it does say that ability-draining creatures regain hit points when they drain. Your houserule may not be a houserule at all.

- Sir Bob.

P.S. Nih!

maddman75

First Post
PenguinKing said:
No, no, I mean IDHTBIFOM, but I seem to recall it does say that ability-draining creatures regain hit points when they drain. Your houserule may not be a houserule at all.

- Sir Bob.

P.S. Nih!

According to the SRD, no they don't. However, level draining undead gain 5 temporary hit points for each negative level they inflict. So it is a HR, but not much of one.

Remove ads