Vasorn, the World Under Dragonfire

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
*Renea bends down over the map again and points to some of the hidden tunnels that will allow the Cagebreak team to reach the upper level. The going will be a bit rough, involving some climbing, or flying as the case may be.*

"The thing is is there's about eighty slaves. A quarter will be children and another quarter are probably either old, pregnant, crippled, or so broken in spirit that they'll be hard to move. This is going to be tricky, particularly with the route we're going to have to take," she mutters.

"The mindflayers said they were going to create the expected attack when they break to the lower level so they don't get suspscious. Aboleth A-si'ra was going to send some skum to add muscle to the attack for good measure. Aside from that, what other ideas do you have?" Dessa asks, turning to the party. "You obviously have plenty of useful skills that we don't always have the opportunity to use, so speak up!"

"The dragons will suspect that something other than a frontal assault is occurring; it's not a tactic we generally use. I'd advise a deception within a deception. I can create a secondary distraction, either an assassination attempt on Gardanax, or the illusion of an attempted cagebreak in a different area and direction. If they're splitting their forces between that and the main attack, the break itself should go unnoticed for long enough."

DrZombie

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"The mindflayers said they were going to create the expected attack when they break to the lower level so they don't get suspscious. Aboleth A-si'ra was going to send some skum to add muscle to the attack for good measure. Aside from that, what other ideas do you have?" Dessa asks, turning to the party. "You obviously have plenty of useful skills that we don't always have the opportunity to use, so speak up!"
As his long fingers never cease caressing the strings of the harp, his melodiuos voice is constantly accompanied by background music, expressing the emotions that aren't shown on his face.
Cold and analytical music slowly echoes, turning sinister in anticipated pleasure.
"their small minds can be befuddled.. if we can capture one of the luitenants, i'll implant false memories in his mind, confusing them, throwing them in disorder. Yesss, confusion, anger, fighting amongst themselves." A small chuckle escapes his lips, a brief smile lighting up a small sparkle in his dead eyes.

Last edited:

Velenne

Explorer
Licking his splotched chops furiously to wet them, Durlp waggles his finger around at everyone, intermitently tapping the side of his head as if he's or they have thought of something,

"Dragons, mmf! Too big for the Dark. Cavewalkers survive by knowing which tunnels are too small for their wings of air and mountain chests. *snort* Durlp can find these passages, says I. Yes! Taking lit'luns out with him. Like a game. Hide'n'find, yes? Only without the find, thanks you."

He gives a satisfied little honk from his pus-filled nostrils, sending a small yellow spray into the air just before his face.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Ishamael, Grim, not a bad idea. I don't think we have time for false memories, but if we do, then by all means do. I wouldn't be loathe to have the evidence look like internal strife rather than a Cagebreak. Grim, illusions will be most welcome, work with Renea to coordinate your efforts. I'm reluctant to do an assassination attempt, as that might draw a larger retaliation than we can handle right now. But if you see an opportunity, take it.

"Durlp, mark your passages on this map, I'm going to put you in charge of getting out the children, and all the gnomes. We'll get the dwarves out the larger passages. We're just lucky there's no deep dragons, the bloody things can turn into snakes and get into the smallest places. And we're also lucky that amethysts generally don't shapechange.

"Elaugaugein, I want you and Gortag to cover Ishamael and Renea while they're during their distractions. Durlp, you, Grim, and I will be doing the actual Cagebreak after we get our distractions set up. Ellimon and Guran will be covering us," Dessa says, laying out her plan in broad strokes.

*She points to the passages to take, the locations of the overseers quarters, Gardenax's lair, and the Cages, indicating movement with small pebbles."

"Suggestions?"

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Ishamael, Grim, not a bad idea. I don't think we have time for false memories, but if we do, then by all means do. I wouldn't be loathe to have the evidence look like internal strife rather than a Cagebreak. Grim, illusions will be most welcome, work with Renea to coordinate your efforts. I'm reluctant to do an assassination attempt, as that might draw a larger retaliation than we can handle right now. But if you see an opportunity, take it.

"My thought was not to succeed, but merely create the illusion of an attempt. Nothing will draw the guards faster than one of their scaly masters being threatened."

Velmont

First Post
"If I got a chance to split a scaly skull, I don't have a problem... but if I understand, if all goes as the plan, I won't even be needed. Is it that?"

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Velmont said:
"If I got a chance to split a scaly skull, I don't have a problem... but if I understand, if all goes as the plan, I won't even be needed. Is it that?"

"But all never goes according to plan. Never fear, you'll get your chances."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Aye, we have a lot of half-dragons to fool, not to mention Gardanax himself. I'm guessing our distractions tactics will buy us enough time to get the worse off into the tunnels. Most likely things will go to hell about the last quarter or so, that's what usually happens," Dessa says in an acidic, cynical tone.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Dessa nods, and turns to look at the assembled Cagebreakers.*

"Well then, what else do you need before we go? The mine's about a two-day walk from here, and we're going to have to go hidden the entire time. Does everyone have enough supplies or do we need to get some?"

Remove ads