Should enhancement bonus get cheaper as they go up?

Stalker0

Legend
As we all know, a +2 sword is much more expensive than a +1 sword, and a +3 sword even more so.

Now in 3.0 this made sense, as DR was based on this.

Now, each further enhancement grants a linear effect, +1 to attack and damage, +1 to hardness and +10 to hp but the cost is exponential. Only the initial +1 is the big increase in effect.

So should the +'s be more linearly priced now?

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Eh. Wealth goes up exponentially, but enhancement prices quadratically, so they're (relatively) cheaper over time. I'd prefer a system more like 250 * 2 ^ E than the current 2000 * E ^ 2.

Going from 1 to 2 is x4, from 2 to 3 is x2.3, from 3 to 4 is x1.8, ..., and from 9 to 10 is x1.3.

Stalker0

Legend
CRGreathouse said:
Eh. Wealth goes up exponentially, but enhancement prices quadratically, so they're (relatively) cheaper over time. I'd prefer a system more like 250 * 2 ^ E than the current 2000 * E ^ 2.

Going from 1 to 2 is x4, from 2 to 3 is x2.3, from 3 to 4 is x1.8, ..., and from 9 to 10 is x1.3.

I agree, but market price should be based on the value of the weapon, not the party's wealth (but they are willing to pay for it is of course a different story)

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Stalker0 said:
I agree, but market price should be based on the value of the weapon, not the party's wealth (but they are willing to pay for it is of course a different story)

A McLaren F1 isn't 100 times better than a normal car, but it costs that much. There should be less return for price as price rises, IMO.

Remove ads