Suggestions for a high powered game

The Souljourner

First Post
This weekend I'm starting in a high powered game, and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on ways to take advantage of many high stats.

Here's how I'm starting, Chaotic good Human Monk1 (so, actually ex-monk), planning on going Cleric of Kord for the rest of my levels.

Stats: Str 22, Dex 19, Con 20, Wis 24, Int 10, Cha 16 (method was you get a 24, a 10, and the rest are 10+2d6... I just got lucky)

I'm starting with feathered wings that give me 60' fly (good), plus low light vision and dark vision.

We start at first level with max hitpoints, times 3.

We're getting a stat raise every even level instead of every 4.

Any thoughts about how I could best make use of my awesome stats (which could still be switched around some)?

I'm planning on being a melee cleric, taking MWP: Greatsword, since the whole angel with a greatsword thing is cool. But of course, I'm chaotic, so I won't be your typical tooth achingly sweet law abiding angel (not that I won't allow people to think so sometimes ;) ).

I'm worried that my high wisdom, while cool, will be slightly wasted, because most cleric spells aren't offensive in nature, so getting higher DCs isn't that useful. Obviously it's still good for AC, thanks to my monk level, but the advantage you get for having wisdom 24 versus wisdom 20 as far as bonus spells go, is pretty small compared to a fighter who gets +2 to hit and +2 or 3 damage every time he attacks.

Thoughts?

-The Souljourner

Remove ads