Send In The Clowns… (or, Converting the Oddballs)

Gothenem

Explorer
We could. I just added that last part for humor value. It could have been programmed in the golem as well, by the previously mentioned obnoxious aunts and uncles.

But a protect the children (anyone 12 and under) may be the golems primary orders.

I'm not sure if berserk would be aprropriate, but we could add it.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Plush Golem
Medium Construct
Hit Dice: 5d10+20 (47 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
AC: 10, touch 10, flat-footed 10
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+5
Attack: Slam +5 melee (X+2)
Full Attack: 2 slams +5 melee (X+2)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Alternate form, construct traits, damage reduction 10/piercing or slashing, darkvision 60 ft., immunity to magic, low-light vision
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +1
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 10, Con —, Int —, Wis 11, Cha 1
Skills: -
Feats: -
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: X
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 8–10 HD (Medium); 11–15 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment: -

A plush golem cannot speak or make any vocal noise. It stands between X feet tall and weighs around X pounds.

Alternate Form (Su): A plush golem can assume the form of any Tiny plush doll, usually a much smaller version of itslef. Reverting to its true form is a free action. This ability helps the plush golem be loved and carried by its children owners, often taking larger sizes to protect the child or just to annoy the parents.

Gothenem

Explorer
For damage, in second edition they went with a small amount. I want to increase it, but make it nonlethal.

1d6+2 nonlethal damage sound good?

Shade

Monster Junkie
I'd probably go CR 3. 47 hps and construct immunites go a long way.

Also...

These creatures are immune to sleep, hold, paralysis, and cold-based spells. They are immune to heat-based spells but suffer normal damage from fire-based spells.

Do we want to give them immunity to magic and work out the exceptions, or simply give them immunity to cold and allow all other spells to function normally?

Gothenem

Explorer
I'm a traditionalist, go with Immunity to Magic and note that Fire spells work normally on it.

I would Also give it Immunity to cold, as not all cold spells allow saves.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Will do. How's this look?

Immunity to Magic (Ex): A plush golem is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance. In addition, certain spells and effects function differently against the creature, as noted below.

Spells that deal fire damage function normally against a plush golem.

I'm also thinking of adding a few more. How about these?

A mending spell heals a plush golem of 1d4 points of damage.

A make whole spell heals a plush golem of 2d6 points of damage.

A fabricate spell heals a plush golem of all damage.

Gothenem

Explorer
Looks good. Do we want to include the repair damage spells?

Also, how about the cold immunity. That way spellcasters with orb of cold don't get to hurt a plush golem with it.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Gothenem said:
Looks good. Do we want to include the repair damage spells?

I left them off since they aren't core, and they do affect golems by default, IIRC.

Gothenem said:
Also, how about the cold immunity. That way spellcasters with orb of cold don't get to hurt a plush golem with it.

I'll add immunity to cold to the SQ line.

Remove ads