[Book of Exalted Deeds] Confusion regarding Holy Ki Strike

ForceUser

Explorer
Has anyone else noticed the strange feat requirement for Holy Ki Strike?

Prerequisite: Cha 15, Improved Unarmed Strike, Ki Strike (holy), Sanctify [Ki] Strike
I'm confused by the "Ki Strike (holy)" requirement - where is this feat or class feature listed? Is it a typo or editing error? Monks, of course, don't gain this as a class feature, and it's not mentioned anywhere else. I've been running on the assumption that it was an error, but I thought I'd throw it out there on the forum to see if anyone knows anything.

For that matter, is damage reduction "holy" the same as "good?"

ForceUser

Explorer
Ah, so what they really mean is you have to be a 10th level ascetic monk so you'll have "exalted strike +2 (good)." That makes sense.

Artoomis

First Post
I think the general consensus is that this should be Ki Strike (lawful). Also Sanctify Ki Strike should be Ki Strike (magic) and, IIRC, it's listed as Ki Strike(lawful).

If you check the monk prestige class (the one with the ram's horns in the picture) you'll find that this way makes sense. Also check out the non-monk similar feats to see that these should be at the levels of Ki Strike (magic) and then Ki Strike (lawful) to make any real sense.

It's a rather large error, but easy to fix.

I don't have my book out right now, so I hope I got this all correct.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases