Curtains #1 - A Crossing of Paths

Velmont

First Post
Rybaer said:
"Can you believe this?" one guy says to the others. "Have you ever seen anything so pathetic?"

"Weak. Totally."

"I don't think we can count on you to come back later with our money. Maybe we should just take that jacket of yours...not that it looks to be worth the toll."

"Yeah," says one who seems to be in charge as much as any of the guys. "I think the jacket would be a good start...unless you can suddenly find that money you forgot you had."

"Yeah, I'm pathetic, and don't worth a fight. My jacket, no one would want it, and I'm homeless, so I don't have a penny on me. Let me go..."

Radiant

First Post
Jorgi
April 15
14:40

Keyhole Apartments, Riverside, Coast City
April 15
14:40

Jorgi smiles thinly then he reads the add.
Can I do that? Boys I can probably built a pc from a toaster.
He takes one last look at his apartment.
I need a bed. A huge one. And then... ah I guess some posters and that's that then. But hey still time to get some work.
He almost stands up to grab the phone but then he just sinks back in his chair with his eyes half closed. Sparks zap through them as he uses his new powers to fuse with is computers. Electricity is his life now and he can almost see it connecting himself with the machines. The phone starts dialing on its own while he grabs a coke and stares out of the window.
"Lifecanbefun!"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Rikko's, Northbrook, Coast City
April 15
Afternoon

Steven enjoyed his meal, little of it though there was. That always seemed to be the case when eating at a fancier restaurant, though he was no longer hungry when he had completed his seafood.

As Maggie explained the keynote speaker opportunity, Steven tried to remember what he knew of Sandra Poynter or the Coast City Metahuman Rights Foundation. As speaker, he could be present in case the discussion sparked any aggressive outburst against such talks. Plus, the woman was in need, the original speaker having canceled so late in the game.

Maggie said:
"Like I said, it's short notice, but I also figured it'd be right up your alley," she says, pausing to sip her wine. "She needs an answer this afternoon. What'cha think?"

"Of course, Maggie," Steven replied almost at once, "I'd be honored to be the keynote speaker. I suppose formal attire is the dress code. Can you arrange for a car? I don't want to deal with taxis . . ."

Steven pulled out his palm pilot, double checking his schedule for the next evening and started adding it to his schedule.

Rybaer

First Post
A dark alley, Downtown, Coast City

Velmont said:
"Yeah, I'm pathetic, and don't worth a fight. My jacket, no one would want it, and I'm homeless, so I don't have a penny on me. Let me go..."

"Dude, my six year old niece has more spine than you."

"What a joke. I'm not gonna waste my time with this loss."

"Get outta here...back the way you came in. You'd better be running, too."

Lawrence starts to hurry back out the alley before they have a chance to change their minds. As he does so, he hears crude laughing. Moments later, with his preturnatural awareness of his immediate surroundings (blindsight), he "sees" a heavy glass bottle hurling directly for the back of his head.

With his superhuman reflexes, Lawrence will have no trouble dogding the projectile. How he does so, however, could make some difference.

Rybaer

First Post
Keyhole Apartments, Riverside, Coast City

Jorgi directly interfaces with his phone, dialing the numbers in his mind and hearing the dial tone without the crude intermediary of an actual receiver set.

After two rings, a male voice answers. "Jack Springs, Superior Geeks Services, how can I help you?"

"HimynameisJorgiVadislav, I'mcallingaboutthejobposting," he says, replicating his voice in electronic signals through the phone set.

"Whoa there," Jack says. "Slow down just a notch. What did you say your name was?"

"Jorgi Vadislav," he says, slowing to an almost painful pace.

"And you're calling about the job?" Jack asks.

"Yeah."

"Well, how about you start by telling me what kind of skills and experience you have," he says. Jorgi gives him a brief overview, occasionally forgetting to talk slowly. He makes a point of glossing over the nature of his former employers...the Russian mobsters.

"Sounds like you know your stuff," Jack says, seemingly satisfied. "I'll have to say that your timing is impeccable. I needed one employee as of this morning. Then the feds busted two of my other employees for hacking a DoD site just a couple hours ago. Now I'm getting desperate.

"Tell you what. I've got a job at the Hightower Convention Center tomorrow afternoon through the evening. Gotta set up some computer and AV equipment for a conference. Why don't you meet me there around 3'ish? We'll call it an 'under fire' live interview. Just tell the folks at the front desk that you're there for the Metahumans@Work conference and they'll point you to the right place.

"Sound good?"

Velmont

First Post
Rybaer said:
With his superhuman reflexes, Lawrence will have no trouble dogding the projectile. How he does so, however, could make some difference.

Lawrence feel the bottle coming to him, but does nothing to dodge it, he only move to absorb the hit without harms (don't use super-dex to dodge, but use evasion to absorb the hit, HP if damage roll under 6).

If the gang would have seen me now... how lame I just act... I hates what I have become. I would give anything to become normal again.

Mimic

First Post
Rybaer said:
"The Orbit", Peace Park, Downtown, Coast City

"And along those lines, do you feel that the term 'mutant' carries any negative or derrogatory connotations?"

"Me personally, no. I have been called a lot worse in my day, so being called a mutant wouldn't bug me." Thomas states as he continues with his cool down work out. "Athough it might bother others."

Rybaer

First Post
Rikko's, Northbrook, Coast City

Steven vaguely recalls having seen Sandra Poynter, perhaps in a local television news interview or the like. Seemed like a very charismatic go-getter type of person. The CC Metahuman Rights Foundation is a very new organization that has held a few rallies and protested against mistreatment of a few metahumans. They don't deal with legal representation - not yet, anyway.

Keia said:
"Of course, Maggie," Steven replied almost at once, "I'd be honored to be the keynote speaker. I suppose formal attire is the dress code. Can you arrange for a car? I don't want to deal with taxis . . ."

"Sure thing, dear," she says as she pulls out her own Palm and starts making notes. "Miss Poynter said that the dinner would begin at 7pm and you'd probably start your speech at 8'ish. She said that fifteen to twenty minutes in length would be fine. They have other speakers who are there for more 'topical' speeches, so you have some liberties as long as it's upbeat. Should be no problem for you.

"Definitely formal attire. I'll arrange for a car to pick you up at...oh, let's say 6 o'clock? Is there anything else you'll need?"

Rybaer

First Post

Mimic said:
"Me personally, no. I have been called a lot worse in my day, so being called a mutant wouldn't bug me." Thomas states as he continues with his cool down work out. "Athough it might bother others."

The reporter makes some marks in his notepad.

"Next question," he says. "Do you think it would be appropriate for special laws to be enacted to cover crimes committed with the use of metahuman powers, or should the legal system try to fit such crimes within the current legal framework?"

Mimic

First Post
Rybaer said:

"Next question," he says. "Do you think it would be appropriate for special laws to be enacted to cover crimes committed with the use of metahuman powers, or should the legal system try to fit such crimes within the current legal framework?"

Why should they make special laws just for metahumans, do they make special laws for Chinese people or Mexicians? Making special laws indicates that we are somehow different.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases