The village of Prumen

Kangaxx

First Post
Jasper Conrad

silentspace said:
Oculus thanks Jasper and studies his spellbook too.

Downstairs at breakfast, Oculus reads Valeria's note, a bit sad that he has been denied her company. [Oculus is a tiny little man, do they mean they're supposed to take orders from him?]

After hearing the what the soldiers say, he ignores them for a moment and turns to Jasper, conversing in Celestial "That student cover story isn't going to work, huh? Students don't usually have bodyguards. Maybe we should be travelling adventurers too, and just tell them to follow us?"

"We should probably bring them, they can't keep us secure if they're not with us. But you're right, we'll have to use a different cover story. Or we could tell people the truth, it's more obscure than anything we could make up." Jasper will reply with a grin, in celestial. He then gets some breakfast and sits with the soldiers to eat.

"Are we supposed to meet back up tonight here at the inn?" After they answer that, "Has the captain told you what we're doing out here? He keeps telling us that he'll tell us later."

DarkMaster

First Post
Kangaxx said:
"We should probably bring them, they can't keep us secure if they're not with us. But you're right, we'll have to use a different cover story. Or we could tell people the truth, it's more obscure than anything we could make up." Jasper will reply with a grin, in celestial. He then gets some breakfast and sits with the soldiers to eat.

"Are we supposed to meet back up tonight here at the inn?" After they answer that, "Has the captain told you what we're doing out here? He keeps telling us that he'll tell us later."
The soldiers take a long look at you after you finished asking your question. One of them then answers. "Well... No, we aren't supposed to meet with the captain, and sorry he never told me either. He actually never tell us the full details of any mission. On my first assignement with him, I finally figured out that our mission was some kind of suicidal mission when the captain ordered the small unit to charge on an heavily fortified enemy position. Most of the unit was killed in a few seconds, I was seriously injured and fell inconscious. When I woke up I was in camp bed with a healer on my side, I never undestood why I did that. Most of us in the 82nd are trained to never questions orders, and we are not asked to understand them just to execute them. I know that soldiers in other unit usually have a hard time understanding that. You cannot be scared of something you don't know, .. right?"

The soldier pause to look at your reaction, he obviously seems amused by your obstination.

"The captain only said that the small wizard needs to come up with some kind of strategy to figure out what's wrong in this village, sorry if I can't help you more than that".

DarkMaster

First Post
Cannibal_Kender said:
Marcus will wait for a bit longer, then all of a sudden lunge out from behind the rock and make a break for the town running at full speed.
Your heart is already racing as you lunge out. As you start sprinting you see two militian coming your way "Marcus, everythings Ok, the captain is getting worried"

You hear the sound of an arrow on your right, miss again. As you are about to shout to let them know about the sniper. One of the militian is hit by an arrow in the shoulder. They both quickly understand the situation and starts running away from the field. You covered 150 feet out of the 300 when you hear the swoosh again. Miss again, you cover another 50 feet when finally he gets you for the first time in the leg (the arrow didn't stay stuck and the injury is in surface. (5pts of DMG), Not letting the pain slow you down you finally dash for cover behind the town hall. The two militian are hidden too waiting for your orders.

Cannibal_Kender

First Post
Marcus says to the uninjured one, "Inform the Captain of the situation. Go!"

Marcus will provide some covering fire in the general direction of where the sniper is (or where he thinks it is). He'll try to spot the sniper if he shoots back.

(OCC: does the other militia man have a bow?)

DarkMaster

First Post
Cannibal_Kender said:
Marcus says to the uninjured one, "Inform the Captain of the situation. Go!"

Marcus will provide some covering fire in the general direction of where the sniper is (or where he thinks it is). He'll try to spot the sniper if he shoots back.

(OCC: does the other militia man have a bow?)
The militian take his light crossbow and starts shooting in the same direction as you.

OCC how many arrow are you planning to shoot?

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Telic waves his arms placatingly and speaks in a wheedling voice.

Please sir, I'm just looking for a place to stay the night. I can entertain people for you. All I ask is a little food and a corner out of the way to sleep in.

If things look hairy he's ready to break for it. He'll try to avoid attacking now, but if he has to he will.

DarkMaster

First Post
Nac Mac Feegle said:
Telic waves his arms placatingly and speaks in a wheedling voice.

Please sir, I'm just looking for a place to stay the night. I can entertain people for you. All I ask is a little food and a corner out of the way to sleep in.

If things look hairy he's ready to break for it. He'll try to avoid attacking now, but if he has to he will.
The half ogre look at you, he seems to be thinking about your proposition. "I guess the woodcutter will enjoy a bit of entertainement, In the mean time take that axe and cut some wood for me." the half-ogre says pointing an axe on stuck in a wooden log.

You take the axe and start cutting some wood, you are still on your guard. Once your done the half-ogre gives you some task in the kitchen. After what seem to be an hour the half-ogre looks outside"MMM it's getting dark and there still not back?, he turns toward you, you are a musican right" he seems to think if you could be useful to him. "Ok stay here, I will go investigate what is wrong at the clearing, Oh and the food is ready so serve yourself."

Cannibal_Kender

First Post
DarkMaster said:
The militian take his light crossbow and starts shooting in the same direction as you.

OCC how many arrow are you planning to shoot?

(OCC 3 or 4 arrows apiece. Enough so that the second militia man can get to the Captain. If the sniper doesn't start shooting back at us, or give some sign as to his whereabouts, then Marcus and the injured militia man will stop shooting and wait for reinforecements)

DarkMaster

First Post
Cannibal_Kender said:
(OCC 3 or 4 arrows apiece. Enough so that the second militia man can get to the Captain. If the sniper doesn't start shooting back at us, or give some sign as to his whereabouts, then Marcus and the injured militia man will stop shooting and wait for reinforecements)
You shoot a few arrows randomly with no apparent results, the sniper is not answering back.
The captain finally gets there with a few others militian. The captain seems nervous, he never like to loose soldier, during peace time because of all the buraucracy that both of you will have to fill. Military reports during peace are usually quite exhaustive. Also you both know most of the militian and their family personally.

" heard their is at least one sniper hidden in the wood." says the captain, you quickly brief him on the situation and he gives the following order "Ok, there seems to be something to protect in the middle of this field. I suggest we wait around doing rounds and wait for the sun to rise to investigate the area"

Marcus you want to take the first round with two other militian?" "I will go back to sleep, there is no reason to panic it is probably just another orc trying to play with us, but we still need to keep an eye on it in case it aggravates."

You have no recollection of any such attack from the orcs. Orcs usually attacks the village at night but are usually very obvious and loud.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases