• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Creature Collection I - revised

Beholder Bob

First Post
I have CC I and II, and III is coming in the mail. Now, I've been told that CC I - revised is worth getting even though I already have CC I. Does anyone agree with this? Specifically, hey Nightfall - whats the skinny?

Does this include list of critter by: CR, name, type, environ? Is there such a list I can download if such is not in the main book?

Nightfall

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Bob,

Unlike CC 1, CC Revised has: Templates of some of the monsters, new and in some cases better artwork for some, and also an appendix of the races of the Scarred Lands.

I certainly think it's as much an upgrade as XPH was for 3.0 Psionics. Certainly not for rule changes, but rule fixes/stat fixes, better skill selection, and mostly the fact that when you look at this book, you still get the SL feel without feeling it's clunky.

Beholder Bob

First Post
Is there a file available with the creatures of CC I-III? I'd like to be able to make a single comprehensive list of CR/type/environ/name for critters to facilitate using them in my game. Currently I either need to remember which book has what or check each book out for critters that fill the niche I'm dealing with. Combining these books base info would be great! By appendix of the races I assume you mean PC races. I'm glad to hear they made some creatures templates. Are any critters expanded on (ie. lv breakdown to take a race as in savage species)?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Beholder Bob said:
Is there a file available with the creatures of CC I-III? I'd like to be able to make a single comprehensive list of CR/type/environ/name for critters to facilitate using them in my game. Currently I either need to remember which book has what or check each book out for critters that fill the niche I'm dealing with. Combining these books base info would be great! By appendix of the races I assume you mean PC races. I'm glad to hear they made some creatures templates. Are any critters expanded on (ie. lv breakdown to take a race as in savage species)?
Bob,

There currently is no file that has what you request. And yes I mean PC races, such as Charduni, Dark Elves, and a few others. There are LAs but those can be a little off. Still it's a decent attempt in that regard. There is nothing like SS had, simply because it's not open source and it's just not something that occurs to most game designers.

As for the creatures turned templates, here's the list:

Butcher Spirit, Carnvial Krewe: Plague Wretch, Fatling, Hags (The SL ones, not MM), Morgaunt, Tokal Infested, and Unhallowed (all three shown in CC 1).

Thundershot,

Well maybe down the road when it finishes it print run.

Last edited:

Remove ads