(Adventure) The old fashioned way...

Steadfast

First Post
"Well, uh, a man's got to eat, right? I'll keep your secret, Wizard. I would have without the Ruby, but it never hurts to jump at opportunity." He smiles at Halfarn.

Manzanita

First Post
Harnfal Interirion

The wizard opens a small box on a bookshelf and pulls forth three small red rubies. "For your goodwill and silence, this is a small price to pay. Thank you for your help, and best of luck in your adventures. I'll remember your names, and may be calling for your help again sometime."

He motions to the large mirror, which now displays an image of the insides of the Red Dragon Inn. "Step on through, unless we have any further business."

Knight Otu

First Post
Semabin nods, and steps through the mirror.

(What would be the reward details, apart from the rubies? I'm not sure how much would be left after the shopping.)

Zerth

First Post
Durg

"Until we meet again, wizard," Durg said and entered the mirror. He doesn't take a ruby.

Lady Annalyn had said she wouldn't need him right now. Durg did not understand magic, but he knew he carried a ring with Modar Kreel's sign. He trusted the half-orc wizard would know how to find him, if he was to be summoned. Wizards can do strange and unbelievable things.

--------

Here's what Durg and Rogar bought earlier.

4 light horses 300 gp
1 pony 30 gp
5 x riding saddle and saddlebags 70 gp
two tents 20 gp
hempen rope 1 gp
grappling hook 1 gp
hooded lantern 7 gp
10 flasks of oil 1 gp
4 days rations for 5 people 10 gp
shovel 2 gp
crowbar 1 gp
10 torches 1 gp

3 potions of Cure Light Wounds for 150 gp

Total gold spent 594 gp.

The wizard gave us 2,000 gp in advance, so that leaves us with 1,406 gp plus some of the gear listed above. But Manzanita might want to change that. (?)
--------------

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
The End

It looks like we wrapped this one up. I'll put rewards in a separate post. My inclination is to simply divide that $2000 gps by 5, and give you each 400 gps in cash. Assume that the other two AWOL PCs ended up with what you bought, or that you were able to sell it back effectively. If you took a ruby, that's another 100 gps.

I'm not sure what all Kahuna Burger had planned. I largely followed the outline she sent me. I contemplated throwing a combat in there, but two or three first level PCs w/no healing just aren't tough enough for much. Even a few goblins might get lucky and kill someone. I figured it wasn't worth it since it wouldn't advance the plot.

KB mentioned that she mentioned diplomacy ranks would be useful. The party made no attempt to convince Annalyn to return to her father. I would have allowed a well-reasoned argument &/or high diplomacy rolls to convince her to return, which would have garnered the party a lot more cash, potentially. But it played out OK. I'll try to put Mr. Kreel and crew out there somehow so other DMs can use them. I have an idea on this.

Good luck on future adventuring!

Manzanita

First Post
Rewards

XP rewards for Kahuna Burger's DM stint, per person:
4 months (5/12/04 to 09/12/04): 400 XPs
fight w/two orcs who struck to subdue: 60 XP

XP rewards for Manzanita's stint
1.5 months (09/13 to 11/01): 150 XPs
RP/ posting: 50 XPs

XP Totals: Halydin, Rogar: 460 XPs
Semabin, Durg, and Caelion: 660 XPs

GP totals: Halydin, Rogar: 400 gps
Durg: 400 gps, plus Ring
Semabin, Caelion: 500 gps

Knight Otu

First Post
Thanks again for taking over, Manzanita!
I think Semabin will go a bit for shopping in Orussus before returning into the RDI (only to hear he missed a chance for adventure ;)).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases