(Adventure) The old fashioned way...

Manzanita

First Post
Annalyn

"Great. You can have dinner here with us and sleep anywhere. The warg generally keeps nocturnal visitors away. In the morning you can head back with our blessings."

Any other action or conversation before heading out in the morning?

Zerth

First Post
OOC: We will probably tell Annalyn about the other adventurers, who went separate way and might come looking for her. Other than that, Durg is ready to continue in the morning.

Manzanita

First Post
In the morning, the small group mounts up and heads back towards the wizard's mansion. Annalyn gives a bit of advice on how to get there, and the group is fairly confident they won't get lost.

A couple days, and a few wrong turns later, the group finds itself at the edge of the Harnfal Interirion's estate.

Zerth

First Post
Durg

"Now we see, how wizard Harnfal takes the news."

Unless his companions have other ideas, Durg will dismount and ask to see the wizard.

Manzanita

First Post
The small party is recognized and allowed entrance to the estate. Their horses are politely taken to the stables for care. They are led to a small room with mirrors, clean hot water, soap and towels. After some cleanup and a brief wait, they are ushered into the study where they first met Harnfal Interirion. The man himself comes in another door. "Hello! Where is my daughter? What have you learned?"

Zerth

First Post
Durg

Durg approaches the wizard, but does not give him any polite gestures, not even a greeting. "We met your daughter. She is happy, where she is, with wizard Modar Kreel. They husband and wife now."

The half-orc pauses for a second. "Lady Annalyn told us to inform you she will return in time. Father need not worry."

Manzanita

First Post
The wizard is shocked by Durg's words. He glances at Semabin for confirmation. He then sits down on his couch without a word, and doesn't speak for several minutes. If the PCs say anything, he raises his hand dismissively. He nods occationally as he thinks to himself.

"Yes. As may be." He says finally. "This is not totally a surprise. Thank you for...er.... Let's see here. The reward was explicitly for returning my daughter to me. You have not done this. Therefore, I am not bound to pay you anything more. You have already received a fair bit of coin from me. However, I do appreciate your services, and I would be willing to give you additional compensation, on one condition. If you will be silent on the results of your inquiry, and simply state that you provided a private service for me if asked. I will give you each a 100 gp ruby. In either case, you may depart."

Zerth

First Post
Durg

Durg remains silent as the wizard is thinking. When he finally speaks, Durg is quick to answer. "Me need no more your gold, wizard. You keep ruby. Like you say, what you already paid is good enough."

The half-orc is ready to leave, but waits for his companions to speak first.

Remove ads