Wild Mage in Complete Arcane?

Psion

Adventurer
Well, at the very least, after PGTF, I can say with a good degree of confidence that the current team at WotC doesn't feel bound to SKR's game design ideals.

Which is to say, "could be." ;)

ltclnlbrain

First Post
I think there was a link in some thread a few days ago to a post on the WOTC messageboards by one of the design team saying that the Wild Mage will be in Complete Arcane. Don't quote me on this one, and I'm sure who posted it, but I am pretty sure the Wild Mage will appear.

Psion

Adventurer
Crothian said:
What was in PGTF that makes you say this, Psion? I have not seen that book.

The fact that Sean told me you shouldn't make a feat better than a generally available one just because it was restricted to members of a certain race, house, or region. Unlike the regional feats in PGTF.

Last edited:

psionotic

Psion said:
The fact that Sean told me you should make a feat better than a generally available one just because it was restricted to members of a certain race, house, or region. Unlike the regional feats in PGTF.

Interesting. If anything, it seems to me like the regional feats in PGtF are MORE powerful than the ones in the FRCS, and they are every bit as exclusive.

Psion

Adventurer
psionotic said:
Interesting. If anything, it seems to me like the regional feats in PGtF are MORE powerful than the ones in the FRCS,

They are. That was my point. Am I not being clear?

Sean's design philosophy was that you shouldn't make a feat better because of exclusive access.

The regional feats in PGtF are better because of exclusive access.

Ergo, the current designers don't feel bound by Sean's design ideals.

Other SKR design ideals included "you should not have randomized character abilities", which was instrumental in the removal of Wild Mage from 3e. Due to above, the possibility exists that the designers would include such a thing in a major supplement.

Remove ads