Wild Mage in Complete Arcane?

Psion said:
They are. That was my point. Am I not being clear?

Sean's design philosophy was that you shouldn't make a feat better because of exclusive access.

The regional feats in PGtF are better because of exclusive access.

Ergo, the current designers don't feel bound by Sean's design ideals.

Other SKR design ideals included "you should not have randomized character abilities", which was instrumental in the removal of Wild Mage from 3e. Due to above, the possibility exists that the designers would include such a thing in a major supplement.
A good point.

Even though I don't have a problem at all with the Regional Feats, I can see why some people do. But as usual, if you don't like it you don't have to use it. If the Wild Mage is in CA, I say...Great! But I just like lots of options and such. :)

Knight Otu

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Even though I don't have a problem at all with the Regional Feats, I can see why some people do. But as usual, if you don't like it you don't have to use it. If the Wild Mage is in CA, I say...Great! But I just like lots of options and such. :)
From what I've seen of the new regional feats, they seem to be on par with the talents of Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed (yes, I did cave in and have bought it).

To the topic at hand, the news from the front page included this on Friday, May the 7th:

Are there good FR-ish prestige classes, etc.? Certainly yes, there are scads. But I'll temper that remark by saying that in my opinion, you can raid 90%+ of any core D&D supplement for your FR campaign and find good places for that stuff to go. A specific example: I designed the Master Transmogrifist for the [Player's Guide to Faerûn], but we didn't have space for it in that book, and it's ended up in Complete Arcane, where it fits just fine. And the Wild Mage prestige class sure looks good in FR, too.

RE: The fiend lords/etc., it'll be a 2005 product; that's all I can really say now. I think it's not in the first trimester, so it's a bit of a wait. I know we're including [Bazim-Gorag, a Slaad Lord] and some of the Elder Evils like Kezef. Eric Boyd's writing up some folks like Eltab, too. Plus, I've also got a BBEG who's a major player in my "Last Mythal" trilogy who should appear.
That quote originally came from this thread, by the way. Right from Rich Baker.

Last edited:

Well, it's not 3.5, and the balance is a little iffy in hindsight, and I think you'd be much better off getting Elements of Magic: Lyceian Arcana when it comes out, but if you want a book entirely on wild magic, you might want to take a look at my first ever book, Wild Spellcraft, available either as pdf at www.rpgnow.com, or in print format at your friendly local gaming store.

Remove ads