Crossed Paths, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghead

thotd
"Perhaps he could tell us a little more about the strength of the gnolls and draw us a map of the underground complex.

"That could be revealing, a show of good faith," Marcus adds carefully.

Manzanita

First Post
Assume everyone is armed as they see fit. Not everyone is fully healed though.

G'ruk steps through the water until he stands only a couple feet away from shore, the murky water about to his knees. His crocodile, indistinguishable from the last, grounds itself beside him. The other lizardman stays submerged to his neck, about ten feet from shore.

"I have come to meet you here at your camp instead of in the caverns. It is dangerous for me to be seen with you. My braves spotted your camp yesterday, but we have respected your base and have not entered. We must now discuss the terms of our cooperation."

Ehldannis's spell is still in effect. He and Brioc can understand the lizardman. I'll assume one of them will translate for the rest.

Grassus releases a choked scream at the sight of G'ruk, and asks Ehldannis as he is being backed away, 'Are you working with him?"

Inez Hull

First Post
Ehldannis gives Grassus a reassuring smile, "We have merely made a peace with the lizardmen to spare further bloodshed. Is the anything we should know?"

Despaxas

First Post
Tullius takes up a guarding position to the right of Brioc, but a bit behind and silently watches the proceedings.

Jarval

Explorer
"I thank you for respecting our encampment, and taking the risk to meet again with us. Won't you dismount and take a seat?" Brioc says, gesturing towards a fallen log in the center of the camp. Assuming G'ruk is agreeable to this hospitality, Brioc follows after him and sits.

"You said you wished to discuss the terms of our alliance. What is it that you wish to change?"

Manzanita

First Post
G'ruk

Grassus' eyes are wide, and his face panicked. "He's one of them. He thinks we're no more than dogs. Don't trust him!"

G'ruk notices the interaction. He gazes at Grassus briefly. "I prefer to remain here." He says in response to Brioc's suggestion. "I'm not asking to change anything, cousin, merely confirm the details of our agreement. I am after certain artifacts. You may be able to help me find them. What are you after?"

Inez Hull

First Post
"We wish to investigate the ruins you spoke of last time we met and see the inscription. We want to see the place that the mongrel visited and if we can find a way to get past the guardian, see what it was that he was searching for. Our intention is to recover a specific item and if you can assist us in its recovery it will make our stay here swifter. It is inevitable that a broader search through these caverns and the minotaur's domain beyond will result in conflict. We do not want that and I believe that you do not either."

Despaxas

First Post
Tullius glances at Grassus. I wonder what he just said, he seems terrified of G'ruk, ofcourse he IS a Lizardman, terrifying enough I'd say. Tullius grins and shakes his head and resumes his guarding of Brioc.

OOC: Lol, only Ehldannis can understand Grassus, real bummer.

Manzanita

First Post
G'ruk

Gruk turns his crocodile head towards Elhdannis. Brioc can sense his surprise at hearing the elf speak Druidic. Brioc himself feels a bit uncomfortable with this as well, since Druids are forbidden to teach the language outside their order. He has never heard the language spoken from a non-druid before.

G'ruk bows slightly to Ehldannis. "Well, cousin, I think we may be able to work together. I too, am after specific items. Items related to my own heritage. Long ago, before the ascent of man, and before these beast-men took over these caverns, we Saurials ruled this land. I have reason to suspect the men built a city here over the ruins of a Saurial city. I have found parts of this ancient city, I believe, but have been unable to find much. Perhaps you could help me find more. But we would need terms. You could keep anything we find connected to man. I would keep anything related to the Saurials."

[The tongues spell allows Ehldannis to speak and be understood by G'ruk. I decided Druidic was the most logical choice for Ehldannis, since that is the only language he knows G'ruk speaks, and the one currently being used between G'ruk and Brioc.]

Jarval

Explorer
"That sounds a most fair agreement." Brioc agrees with G'ruk. "What we seek was made by man. And Elhdannis is not a cousin, but rather a mage. He has used magic to give him the ability to speak in any tongue."

Turning to Elhdannis, he takes the elf to one side and speaks quietly in Gaelic, relying on the spell to translate.

"I would prefer it if in future you avoided using the language of my faith. No one outside of the order may be taught it, and it reflects badly on myself if others hear you use it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads